Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Evils of Default Security (tutorial)

Yes, that's my CC number! 576869746568617's Avatar
    I said I confuse easily!!!
    Windows 9x: n. A collection of 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor. Written by a 2 bit company that can\'t stand 1 bit of competition.

The original post seems to me like he thinks building security from the base up is better because if something breaks along the way you know exactly what did it and fix it. The default security just works if you want to entirely customize the system yourself. Systems pre-secured will cut down the time an admin has to spend securing the box. If your good you should know what is breaking a certain program on the system.

Also OpenBSD IMO is pretty secure out of the box. It might have had patches, but it's main claim is that it has had the fewest remote root exploits, and I think they boasted that it didn't have one for like 5-6 years(I haven't been to the site in a while). Mac OS would seem the most secure because macs don't run anything very important and everytime I hear of them it is for some graphical purpose.