Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chat room ?

chat room ?

I'd like to ask if there isn't a chat room somewhere on this site ? ....forgive me if it's a stupid question, maybe there IS one and it's pointed out VERY clear too....i guess i "overlooked" then, but so far, i didn't find it

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Thank you

So, if IRC is the only option for the moment, i think i'll wait till the poll has enough "YES" answers and then maybe you guys put up one right here

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Uhh... IRC is the chatroom. IRC=Internet Relay Chat. Unless you mean having a java client or some other browser interface rather than using an actual IRC client... It is unlikely, AFAIK, that AO will get that. Jupitermedia has indicated that they are not interested in having one, mostly because of a lot of the headaches that come with.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

that's too bad then, cuz i dont wanna use an IRC.... thanks anyway

It is a problem, but just how things are here... we do not "chat"????????

AO did have a JAVA chat client a long while ago if I'm not mistaken... But I like IRC better... It stops random guests just showing up and trash talking AO members

Plus, They don't need to deal with the issues that having a java client brings... As was previously posted

it's okay, it's not all that important anyway.

hiz Friendz
    i m the new member of this site so any body wants to make friendship with me

Originally posted here by Faraz_khan
    hiz Friendz
    i m the new member of this site so any body wants to make friendship with me
    heh, strange topic to come introduce yourself , but HI to you too anyway