Modderfokker, i found the password security problems before i was ever aware of any other information regarding trillian vuln's online. Since this post, i have looked around and done a few googles and haven't seen articles with password security. Trillian has lots of vuln's regarding the way it handles data but i didn't find enything specifically on defeating the password protection mechanism. So, addressing your first point, i did find it myself, indepently of any other information that may or may not have been available at that time. And, addressing your second point, it can compromise security rather easily. If you were to write a leech program and someone was to download it (unsuspectingly), you could compromise their IM handles.

I agree that IM handle stealing really isn't a big issue, it doesn't cause loss of data, it doesn't cause computer downtime, it doesn't damage any equipment, but still, it can be a problem because of identity theft (not in the sense of taking someone's full identity). So, i feel my post has enough reason to justify its being here.