Slackware linux mouse help plzz

Thread: Slackware linux mouse help plzz

Red face Slackware linux mouse help plzz

I have just installed slackware linux on my 533 celeron prosser with 64 mb ram. Everything runs fine i was just woundering tohugh i have a cheap ball mouse right now but i just bought a new optical mouse "logitech" and i was woundering how i would install it so i could use that instead of my old mouse. Thanks in advance.

I have a MS optical mouse (usb) running on Slackware 9.1 no problems. Hopefully slack should autodetect your mouse when you reboot with it attached and to get everything running properly, the wheel etc ... you need to tweak the "InputDevice" section for the mouse in the /etc/X11/XF86Config file.

Mine looks like this;

# Identifier and driver

Driver "mouse"
    Identifier "Mouse"
    Option "ButtonNumber" "7"
    Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
    Option "Name" "AutoDetected"
    Option "Protocol" "imps/2"
    Option "Resolution" "120"
    Option "Vendor" "AutoDetected"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

You may have to have a look through the /etc/rc.d/rc.modules file and uncomment the line that corresponds to your mouse if its not autodetected.

Hope this has you heading in the right direction - it took a bit of tweaking to get mine running the way I wanted it to.

This probably have been posted in the Hardware forum, but never mind - good luck.

This link is 12 months old but should help also,

I found it is had something to do with the /etc/X11/XF86Config file. when i installed linux i installed a ps/2 mouse so i had to confiq it for rhe usb mouse thanks for the help man.

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    good post Phat_Penguin.

btw if you wanna emulate 3 buttons on a 2 button mouse, you can add following

Option "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"

Pretty straightforward ain't it

Come and check out our wargame-site @
    We chat @ #lobby