Thread: Is there anyway...

Is there anyway...

Is there any way at all... to somehow hide my IP address while I go to websites? I hate it when people get my IP off of websites. so I was just wondering....
    \"What if the only person who could make you happy, made you cry?\"

dude before you get negged try going to a search engine such as google.

Some key terms are: online privacy proxing ip hiding etc....

I'm sure you'll find something. Also I do remember seeing some of this stuff in the tutorials fourms somewhere.

Also remember that this is not a way to hide while doing illegal activity. It only creates another step for law inforcement officers to find you, which they will gladly go through the trouble of.

DeafLamb

Edit: decided to practice what I preached. This is one of the sites that comes up when you google "online privacy"

http://www.anonymizer.com/

no i dont think so there is a way to hide your ip address directly u might use a proxy and hide ur actual ip address

Use a proxy. You can search AO and find multiple threads on this. Google is also a good place to start. Also look on the bottom of this page to see similar theads.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

blah

sorry! blah I just posted this because I couldn't find anything anywhere. I'm a complete newb to network security in case ya can't tell

1. A proxy server will do this for you. If you do a google search for "anonymous proxy servers" you should find lots?

2. If you use dial-up or DSL just log out and back in and your IP addy will change.

Cheers

Thanks