Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regedit

Amplifiedgirl ,

You said that you tried all the local computers?............did you sign in as yourself?.......if your answer is "yes" this proves nothing. That is one of the ways I would do it (to block and trap you), you have a profile.

Can another person log in and use MIRC? if they can, you do have problems......if not, it is just a sensible improvement in security at your site? As I mentioned, there have been a lot of exploits and attacks using these vectors recently.

The problem is not your Administrator or your work, it is the silly script kiddies writing this sort of stuff.........they are the ones who have spoiled your fun? so if you have brothers , sisters, nephews or nieces that are into it..............give them a slap...and another from me.

Take care

And it might be a good season for job hunting?

BTW: Please give my love to "pixelrockchick"

i think other administrator block other ports for a reason, like example security porpuse or anything..... but bypassing firewalls is sort of criminal offence in your company or in your work even in our shool they block als those kinds of applications..and nihil and others is right if your bored at work maybe take another work !!!! if your to ask me i said it would be great to work there cause all you have to do is sit there relax and act only if you wanted or you are given orders other people work with both their physical and mental abilities just to earn money for a living even if they are underpaid...well you can do other things if yopur bored try to bring books and read somethin or get some software games and play it while your at work.... another thing like wat nihil said if you are using your own profile to log in to the computer i know for know that your admin know what you have been doing thats y they block those ports and that it wat admins do prefent attackers to come in and out to their network.

hi guys
    amplifiedgirl,
    we probably all do or have done some jobs which were not that exciting.
    personaly had and still have a job where i have few hours a days to kill-practicly nothing to do.not that i am lazy or something -its a nature of job.
    so instead doing nothing about it i got interested in computers and read the books, explored help buttons on pc, read more books and learnt something i was interested in it-and at the same time not neglecting my work.
    so if you start learning about how he/she blocked this and that and learn little bit more about pc and os you would be able to maybe pinpoint in your organization that administrating pc is not that secure as should be and save some headaches for your company in a long term.maybe you will score a much better and revarding job not just trying playing games and chat at work.
    get motivated and move.good luck

and for you guys as i tried to suggest in one of post this is another exaple when people get revarded with number of post(in this case 4) for what??????????
    have a good day all

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    let's not focus on the negative here.

Amp, I think what you're doing provides job security for your administrator. After all, that's why he/she's there right? There's no telling how much overtime he/she will get when you inadvertently download a worm and it propogates all over your network, causing all kinds of problems for your co-workers who are actually there to **gasp** dare I say it...work.

Anyways, If you think you've pulled the wool over your admin's eyes, I'd think again (This should be quite obvious being that these ports/services are being blocked now). Most likely, your activity has been or will be recorded in some type of logs, whether it be the firewall's logs or an IDS/IPS.
    Your admin may even be watching your connection attempts in order to isolate 'who' exactly is trying to bypass his/her security.

Anyways, my point is simple, if you really don't like your job, then I suggest you just keep on doing what you're doing.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

Dead Man Walking
    Wow yet another stupid thread where somebody wants to be taught how to waste time and get paid for it. And of course all the people who help her will get blamed by her when she looses her job. Next thing you know you will be mad because the boss wont let you install kazaa and infect the company network with virii.

As mentioned before, it is a normal security network. But I dod not recommend you to do that, becoz, if you get fired, than you feel your life is over. If you still do so, I guess that you try to hack into other people pc.

sort of off topic, i guess, but why did you name this thread "Regedit". I dunno, maybe i read too fast but i didnt see anything about Regedit in here.

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

u guys got a lota temper i c. she just asked a simple question and all this vemon is being released, pleassssssseeeeeeee. u all probably have bypassed a firewall b/4 admin or no admin.
    Its a cyberworldlic experience!