Thread: deCrypting Packets Send By Remote Administrator V2.1

deCrypting Packets Send By Remote Administrator V2.1

In my network, remote administrator is used widely and as a result, i capture the packets send throught my hub. As a result of hubs, i capture all packets easily. I tried radmin on my own, the 9th packet send by me contains the password i supplied to enter the remote system but when i analyze all packet conversations i was unable to detect the password as i supplied. It was somehow encrypted.

I analyzed the packet conversation in ASCII EBCDIC and as Hex dump but i got nothing at all.

Can anyone help me how can i decode the algorith supplied by the remote administrator.

you cannot decode it without having the algorithm given to you. Why do you need to decode it anyways? The algorithm is not supplied by the remote administrator, its a part of the hub/firewall/router...whatever you're using.

o, well

ok then, thanx anyway

Post it easy enough to look in your hubs documentation

to figure out what kind of encryption was used

Didn't find much in ways of weak passwords... however, they only require a password for authentication. This opens it up more for brute force password cracking...

Not sure which version you're using... but have a look at the following link:

http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/10001
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.