dcsimg
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bush is author of dark chapter for America

Buttered on the Left, Not buttered on the Right. Hiding it on the bottom could make you what we Americans term as Independent.

If I was president I would erm erm ,erm errrr ,
    Sleep in the whitehouse.

Thats it. What you think of my plan so far ? I may have sleep overs.

Sleep overs are good, can we play popcorn games with females you smuggle in through the secret service?

As well thought out as your post was tonybradley, I don't agree. Your topic and your post took little or no thought. Like this one. Stateing your narrow minded opinion and makeing no effort to defend it, no explination of why you think or agree with those statements, and merely copying someone else's work. It's like saying, "Bush suck0rs and the whole world thinks so, read the article!" The article dose not reflect the world's opinion of Mr. Bush. It's the opinion of a writer from CONOOR, India.. And that isn't saying that everyone in India agrees with those statements either. Instead of posting what someone else has so poorly written and saying you agree, why don't you post what you think and explane why you think that.

Mr. Bush did present alternative solutions to the problem in Iraq to the American public. There have been numberous resolutions offered to the UN about Iraq. Saddam did not comply with any of them and gave no cooperation. The will of the entire nation was not decided unilaterally. It was decided by our elected officals whom WE (the American people) VOTED for.

The inherent assumption that only your opinion is the correct one.
    This is a fatal flaw but it is not what our policies or actions are based on.
    “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Bush sux0rs.

Thank you for your "interesting" input thedoors. That was almost as interesting and thought provocative as the popcorn statements.
    “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    He does not present any other strategies which may have been used instead of invading Iraq, nor does he present a possible scenario which may or may not have occured had the US not invaded.
    Herein lies the problem. These people in distant third world countries, not to mention the rabid anti-conservatives in the USA, don't actually have any viable alternatives or strategies. Both were worn out during 10 years of sanctions and a gazillion UN resolutions that Saddam simply thumbed his nose at.

Many of you also seem to forget that Saddam's final "warning" was the ultimatum to leave within 48(?) hours. Had Saddam done so no invasion would have taken place. But no, Saddam didn't give a rats @$$ about his country or his people and thumbed his nose at that too. Why? He was most likely working from the position that his people would rise up and fight the infidel..... Big mistake after you have brutalized them for thirty years.

I really love this little passage:-

His war was universally opposed, even by the electorates of the governments that joined his "coalition of the willing" — Britain, Spain, Italy and Australia. His most enthusiastic allies were dictators and oppressors, the worst violators of human rights, who used the war on terrorism to stifle dissidents and kill secessionists.
    Ahem.... Let me see now..... The USA's "most enthusiastic ally" was Britain. Tony Blair therefore is being characterized by a chap who is clearly far from the pinnacle of India's intelligencia as "a dictator and an oppressor, one of the worst violators of human rights and uses the war on terror to stifle dissidents and kill secessionists". Well..... I bet you chaps from the UK didn't know what was going on behind your backs there. How many have had their dissident Granny taken away in the midle of the night by black clad thugs never to be seen again? I have to assume that the nationals of Italy, Spain and Australia didn't know this was going on in their countries either. That statement of Mr. Siddiqui alone takes his credibility and throws it right in the trash really doesn't it?

This one is a right little cracker too:

But its gullibility is alarming. Even now, a majority believes that Saddam had a hand in 9/11.
    I'm pretty sure that Mr. Siddiqui has never set foot outside that bustling, international metropoplis of Conoor in his life. He sure has hell hasn't been to the USA in the last year. I can't think of a _single_ person I know that believes that Saddam was involved personally or as a funder/backer in the attacks of 9/11. But this mental midget makes a sweeping statement about something he clearly knows nothing about and the other mental midgets that read it actually nod and believe what he is saying........ Sad.... So very sad......

But then again, the very fact that the anti-conservatives in the USA and the anti-Americans worldwide lap up such unadulterated crap as this "article" goes a long way to demonstrating how they are not at all analytical in their political thought processes and that they simply follow, like sheep, anyone who expounds a view similar to theirs without casting a critical eye in its direction for fear they will see the "holes" themselves.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Originally posted here by Remote_Access
    Thank you for your "interesting" input thedoors. That was almost as interesting and thought provocative as the popcorn statements.
    Oh yes you and your intellectual prowess have mentally devastated me. I must now visit a loony bin and insert my defunct thoughts there to reside for everymore.

They should ban you again R_A_.

If you know who this is then realise I am j/k

I think this has gone a little off topic here.

$ecure

Tiger Shark, my own feeling about Sadaam not leaving when offered the 48 hr get out of Dodge warning is that he was under the impression he was still dealing with Bill Clinton. Clinton, as I recall was famous for giving last warnings, sometimes several in a row before sending 5 or 10 Tomahawk missiles and calling things square. No doubt Sadaam has changed his opinion now, along with quite a few Arab countries.