Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie?

Newbie?

I have been posting threads and answering others like crazy, so when is my barr that says newbie gonna change?

F-A-Q

its there for a reason. even as far out of date as it is, it will still tell you that you need 75 posts to become a "junior member". till then, your a newbie.

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

Here is a link to the AntiOnline FAQ.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

You got 12 posts.. I guess you need more than that for a new "status". :|

Being a newbie is far from something to be ashamed of. Specially if your posts are answering questions for others like you say. Cherish these moments dude. The post whore war seems to be over for now, but it really doesn't mean anything to me or most other if you're a newbie, Jr, addict, senior, or top ten poster.

No one really thinks anything of it. And no one is going to look down upon you for being a newbie. After I THINK 75 posts, you become a Jr. I'm not sure of the scale anymore, as any care of it was gone long ago.

If it really means that much to you to become a jr member though, and answering questions isn't pushing you along fast enough, try looking at the tutorials forum and see if you have a good knowledge of something in their, or that isn't in their that is computer related, and start writing those up.

I know there are a few in there that could be re written and made better, so try that out. I wouldn't really worry a whole lot though about your status, it really means nothing. It's what you post that counts.

The only reason I have so many is because of my Smart-Ass-O-Meter. It goes off a bit to much and I just can't help but be a **** head sometimes. Heh.

Banned
    here is a direct answer:

The titles under each user's name give you a quick look at how much a user has contributed to AntiOnline. The more posts you make, the "better" your title becomes. Currently, the system is broken down as follows:

AntiOnline Newbie - at least 0 posts

AntiOnline Jr. Member - at least 75 posts

AntiOnline Member - at least 175 posts

AntiOnline Addict - at least 275 posts
    At this level, a user can use the AO Addicts Forum

AntiOnline Senior Member - at least 400 posts

Site administrators and moderators have custom titles under their names instead of one of the above designations.

hey Figaro
    it's about quality than quantity. number of post or member status dosen't matter whar matters is those shining green pots. so keep on posting relevent and useful info and keep collection those gren dots forget about being a newb or a senior mem

Banned
    You have a point there w0lverine but many members give out AP's in tech humor and GCC and Cosmos and that doesnt count for Security or computer knowledge.

gore is right it doesnt mean that if your a newbie your different!! were here in this BBS to help and share our knowledge in computers and etc... but there are other's who treat newbies as a trash(lamers and etc..) in this BBS we really can't escape that cause even them begin in newbies section they just tried to exert more effort to attain there position but you can also do that it just takes time and a lot of readings....readings and still readings then application or hands on.. hackers as i describe is a person who is hunger for knowledge in the cyber world.. but others use there gift knowledge to do different things and etc... so all i can say to you is do what ever you can try to exerts some efforts then when time comes you'll be happy to know that you have dont it ..... peace to you ....

AntiOnline Addict - at least 275 posts
    At this level, a user can use the AO Addicts Forum
    You forgot to mention that you get your Uber L33T HaxOr Decoder Ring.