Thread: Just a few account questions

Just a few AO account questions

1] How long does an account have to be in-active before it's removed ? few months ? a year ?
    2] Accounts that have been banned to they get removed ?
    3] Do people who have multiple accounts do they get banned ?

Just wondering
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    1] How long does an account have to be in-active before it's removed ? few months ? a year ?
    AFAIK, there is no account cleanup but might be a worthwhile consideration. The reason is that sometimes people only come here when they are in need (e.g., viruses, attacks, etc.)

2] Accounts that have been banned to they get removed ?
    No. The "banned" account becomes unavailable and unable to post. This limits users from creating/re-creating accounts with the same name.

3] Do people who have multiple accounts do they get banned ?
    Yes and no. Yes if we are well aware of evidence of AP abuse (using multiple accounts to garner APs and then repeatedly assigning negs to users). There are some users who are known to create multiple accounts for boredom and play (MsMittens looks for the Cartman hat) but these users a) make mods know who they are b) make regular users know who they are. Their intention isn't to use the AP system but rather to amuse themselves and have some fun.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

i am actually glad there is no account clean up, since i take lkike 6 month hiatus and things of that nature, mostly because i am too tired/busy to even try and read through anything.... but i do come back when i can find the time.
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

Have you guys ever thought of doing an account clean-up ? Like sending all the members an e-mail and advicing them that if they do not reply withing a certain amount of time there account will be removed ?

How about getting rid of accounts that just have one post and nothing more ? Like for example they have not been used for at least over 6 months or more.

I was just thinking that it might free up some resources.

Off Topic :
    The reason is that sometimes people only come here when they are in need (e.g., viruses, attacks, etc.)
    True that is actually the first reason why I was gonna use it. But now I like the site since there is plenty of people who are very helpful and knowledgeable. But sometimes the info can be hard to find. How about improving the search engine ? Just wondering.
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Agent_steal, I've moved the thread from GCC to Site Suggestions as some of your suggestions might be worthwhile for the administrative staff to consider.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Thank you I was actually gonna ask if someone could do that for me. Since it totally crossed my mind to place it there in the first place. I didn't really want to start a new thread that would just end up taking space.

Other suggestions :
    1] Making a sticky and adding this two links to it :
    [a]Home Computer Security
    [b]Security of the Internet
    [c]Home Network Security
    [d]Before You Connect a New Computer to the Internet
    [e]There IS an Intruder in My Computer -What Now?

Yes I know that there in the same page but you have to click a link when you get there to read them. I did it this way cause I always find that people who are just beginning to learn find it more intriguing to click a link that has one of the above titles. Also it makes it just a little more easy for them.

These are just suggestions nothing more and it's not up to me.

Thank you for considering them.
    Operation Cyberslam
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam