Thread: xp problem

xp problem

ok now this is my problem .. i have 2 boxes at home both are on dsl software firewall .. no hardware or anything so ok i was gona play with that other box wich is xp .. i go scan it from my first box which is 2k and it shows few ports open etc ... nothing bad i go on xp run retina on my 2k box and xp couldnt finish the scan i dono why .. i asked my friend he said the xp has some files that blocks that so i dono why i turned off both firewalls on xp his default and software one .. and still no luck ? any help ? ? ?
    Un Seen But Well Heard Of

Does it just hang or is their an error message. it might be helpfull if you could put any error messages or anything else that is displayed by retina.

no it just says scaning ..... and stands stands and nothing no matther how long i leave it it wont work

then some friend told me there is some file that block the scan or something but i dono i turned firewalls everything and still no resoult!

Can you Ping it?
    "It is a shame that stupidity is not painful" - Anton LaVey

Does XP have the Firewall option turned on ?
    Are you running a Firewall on either computer ?

noope i turned the firewall off i tryd like 10 other scanners even just for netbios cozi know its open and i run a http server and still nothing!

I am going to assume (since you can ping/scan each computer) that they are on the same network/subnet.

Have you tried creating a 'share' on the XP ?

I was also thinking that File and Print sharing may need to be enabled...I actually had to do that on my network....good call dcongram
    "It is a shame that stupidity is not painful" - Anton LaVey