Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spell Check

Spell Check

I have only very recently been posting on AO, but I was wondering about the spell check program. I was wondering f maybe AO could use a browser based one, because on some computers (or OS's, I dont know which) it will freeze. I was just wondering if this could maybe be fixed.

there is one. Have you been using the quick reply? click the post reply button and look towards the bottom. there should be one.

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

To save time I sometimes will write a post in a word Processor (OK you got me MS Word) and spell check it then cut/copy and paste it into my post. Especially if it is going to be lengthy.
    \"If you take a starving dog in off the street and make him prosperous he will not bite you, this is the principle difference between a dog and a man\" - Mark Twain

yea, gump (hahah.. dump!) has a good idea.. if my answer is longer than a 2 or 3 lines long, i pop up MS word, and typing away i go, then copy and paste and BAM! done! =D

The spell check doesn't work. It never has, and probably never will.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Originally posted here by Striek
    The spell check doesn't work. It never has, and probably never will.
    I tried the spell check here once and it crashed my browser (mozilla on slack i believe), once bitten twice shy.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

I've been bitten by that bug myself a few times on IE and mozilla.. probably opera too.

I'm not sure but it's probably been mentioned in oops a bug a few times.

wow I must be blind I never even noticed the spell check button before.
    I must need to get my glasses looked at.

/edit

I just posted this so I could see what spell check button you were talking about.
    [Shadow] have you ever noticed work is like a tree full of monkeys you look down and all you see is monkeys below you then you look up and all you see is a bunch of *******s above[/shadow]

there are also progs like this -> http://download.com.com/3000-2056-10248641.html
    says it works with basically any windows prog so am assuming would work with your browser as well - I havn't tried it myself but it looks decent enough

v_Ln

I'm on IE v6 (latest patches, etc) and the spell checker has crashed it 4/4 times. Has it been posted in the bug forum before?

As someone else mentioned, a word processor is your best option (well, unless its like 3 lines long -- anyone who's smarter than NFG should be able to pick up errors in that ).