Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone please help..?

Post Can someone please help..?

I couldn't find where else to post this so I just posted here. I am doing a report for school on hackers and I've completly run out of things to write I have written 13/20 pgs so far and I was wondering if anyone can help? So far I have written about: The defenition, Different Hackers (Looking for the history of Kevin poulsen if anyone can find it, i've looked all over google), Reasons for hacking, AOL (:P), What an IP is, What ports are, Linux/Unix, Social Engineering, War Games, Trojans, Viruses, Worms, Programming, Phreaking, Cracking, The many differences between 28.8k modem and Broadband, E-mail bombs and I think that's pretty much it. Thanks.

I dont know much about writing papers, or about hacking, but the jargon files on this site may help you out a little bit...

http://www.antionline.com/jargon/
    You laugh because im different, i laugh because your all the same.

how about IDS, Firewalls, Warez, how people are identified on the internet, and exploits?

[edit] Wireless networks, wardriving, packet sniffers, DoS, proxies, Footprinting, explanation of TCP/IP, NETBIOS, spoofing IP's, and encryption sorry if i repeated any [/edit]

[edit2] FTP, Telnet, SSH, HTTP, POP3 and SMTP Opeating systems and their differences, LAN, WAN, and VLAN, Bluetooth, routers, why files arent really deleted when you "delete them", packet analisys, P2P programs, static and dynamic IP's, binary and hex, and IP tables [/edit2]

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

Banned
    YOu always could write about me or AO

Slick and you pretty much covered it.

Talking Thanks...

Thanks for everything, it's a big help. Still missing 6 pages but THANKS! If anyone can find the history of hacker Kevin Poulsen (The dark dante) it would be a big help I'm really interested in reading that history too. Thanks

This might be of great help to you it's a book:
    Author Jonathan Littman
    The Watchman - The Twisted Life And Crimes Of Serial Hacker Kevin Poulsen

And this as well
    TLC - Discovery
    Not a lot of info on it though.

You might wanna go check out your local library and see if they have it. If not maybe you can convince your parents to purchase it for you. Since it is for a school project I'm pretty sure your parents will buy it for you.
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Talking FINALLY

I finally finished it thanks to everyone who help me.

after you turn it in, wuiold you mind pm'ing it to me or emailing me with it? im interested to read it and see how it turned out.

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

I wouldn't mind at all but can you read spanish? because the report is in spanish.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

i can get it translated, my dad speaks fluent spanish.