Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i have undetected spyware on my pc

i have undetected spyware on my pc

I currently have like 4 spyware progs on my pc spybot adaware pro spyblaster to prevent and spyhunter.

spyware is jus an annoyance more than anything for me but currently if i type yahoo.com in my browser IE explore 6.0 i get this funky webpage that says YOU ARE BEING WATCHED!!!

i was like whoa what the hell ya know and i scanned with all my progs but all came up clean ya know, and now i dunno i tried to scan my registry for key words and such and also i right clicked the html file to see if i could detect any properties that stood out and such, but nothing. i even clicked view privacy report but still nothing stood out... i know this must be some kinda hijacker thats been infused into my explorer reg keys somewhere, but i dunno exactly where.

any suggestions ?

Do you think it is a real webpage or an artifact on your own machine.

What is its address?

You might try http://wilderssecurity.com and get Browser Hijack Blaster and Spyware Guard?

Also http://www.swatit.org and get SwatIt.

Update all your anti-malware stuff and run it in safe mode.

Cheers

ur not dum lol

ok u need 2 change ur name cuz u aint dum lol that lil prog hijack this helped... i dunno whatever i deleted some BHO key or something cuz now when i type in yahoo.com it goes to yahoo like it should.

thats really odd huh ? *bows down 2 dum guy lol

thank u thank u

What is a spyware?

wow u really r new lol

ok well webopedia defines spyware as such:

Also called adware, spyware is any software that covertly gathers user information through the user's Internet connection without his or her knowledge, usually for advertising purposes. Spyware applications are typically bundled as a hidden component of freeware or shareware programs that can be downloaded from the Internet. Once installed, the spyware monitors user activity on the Internet and transmits that information in the background to someone else. Spyware can also gather information about e-mail addresses and even passwords and credit card numbers.
    Spyware is similar to a Trojan horse in that users unwittingly install the product when they install something else. A common way to become a victim of spyware is to download certain peer-to-peer file swapping products that are available today.

is that a clear enough definition ?

isle_of_infamy

Now you are "clean" please take a look at those two utilities that I mentioned.

Thanks for letting us know what worked..........that was polite

Good luck

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Yes, the BHO, or Browser Helper Object, is what you deleted using HijackThis. You might have noticed that bi.dll was one of BHOs that you deleted. This little **** has avoided detection from SpyBot. The only tip off I got was from Websense which was reporting spyware on my machine! This has been more common lately which tells me that the spyware folks are getting brighter or the anti-spyware folks are getting lazy. Who knows, maybe it's both.

Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Thumbs up nihil

hey nihil i will definitely take a look and check out what u posted... thanks a lot .. much appreciated

Re: ur not dum lol

Originally posted here by isle_of_infamy
    ok u need 2 change ur name cuz u aint dum lol that lil prog hijack this helped... i dunno whatever i deleted some BHO key or something cuz now when i type in yahoo.com it goes to yahoo like it should.

thats really odd huh ? *bows down 2 dum guy lol

thank u thank u
    no no.. can't change my name.. it fits.. I like self depreciating humor..

glad you got it taken care of..