Thread: I cant seem to find a trojan virus remover

I cant seem to find a trojan virus remover

does anyone know of any good free virus program that will remove a trojan off of my hard disk? and when my virus scan puts infected files into one single file are they ok to delete or if i delete them will my computer not work depending on what file it is?
    XTrue Till DeathX

ah yelp,

here ya go partner, took me about 2 seconds on www.google.com

TDS 3 is a free trial for 30days

http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/

cheers

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Google "the cleaner".... It's a 30 trial but it works nicely....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

lol. ok thanks. i was getting tired of reading so much stuff.....hey i couldnt help it it was like 1 in the morning...hmmm...lol...thanks...
    XTrue Till DeathX

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Er.... It's 17:38 in Ohio right now.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Hi,

when my virus scan puts infected files into one single file are they ok to delete or if i delete them will my computer not work depending on what file it is?
    Yes, your AV has "quarantined the item, so if your system did really need it, you would soon know

You can restore stuff from quarantine, but if it is really malware themn you restore the infection as well.

The feature is really to allow you to recover from false positives that your AV might have wrongly quarantined

Cheers

McAfee just released the newest version of this little gem: http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

Give it a shot (free, for select Trojans only).

Re: I cant seem to find a trojan virus remover

Originally posted here by St.Michael
    does anyone know of any good free virus program that will remove a trojan off of my hard disk? and when my virus scan puts infected files into one single file are they ok to delete or if i delete them will my computer not work depending on what file it is?
    By your words spoken alone here is my advice. Reformat your hard drive, install all applications from CD-ROM, install a firewall and then learn how to secure Windows, browsers, e-mail applications, Active X and Java and this is just for starters.

trackit

Re: I cant seem to find a trojan virus remover

Originally posted here by St.Michael
    By your words spoken alone here is my advice. Reformat your hard drive, install all applications from CD-ROM, install a firewall and then learn how to secure Windows, browsers, e-mail applications, Active X and Java and this is just for starters.

trackit