Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ratman3 did NOT cause the recent problems here

Originally posted here by Agent_Steal
    [1] First off this wouldn't have happened if you had just used one account. ¿ Why do you need to have more than one account ? Really I would not blame Intmon.
    [2] Flame wars are nothing but pointless,useless and for people who have way too much time to spare.
    [3] Solution for all that do not like NFG : Simple ignore her posts. The more you reply to her senseless posts the more quickly she will accumulate posts.
    [4] I noticed something about her/him ??? The only reason her/him posts is to get some of the members aggravated and also to waste their time. I'm pretty sure her/him gets a kick out of reading some of your posts.
    [5] I think that some members on this board are not as honest as they seem. Some advice : What you do onto others shall be done unto you ......

That's all ......
    I had to create Ratman3 after Ratman2 was banned after I got dragged into political AP bullshit.

I have read what happened to you and for some reason I always had this suspicion that you were either been back stabbed by someone or someone had played with your account. But hopefully you learned from this not so great experience and maybe you will be able to use just one account.....
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

I think what most of us have doubts about is how we've managed to not get caught up in "political AP bullshit", and you can't seem to avoid it. Most of us have been approached at one point or another, and we've said no, and carried on with our lives. You must have been willing to participate in it for some amount of time, or you wouldn't have gotten "caught up" in it.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Here's my take on ratman3 vs creative..
    An admin can look at the logs and see ip addys... (you know all this, right?)
    Now I don't know, but I'd suspect no proxies were used.
    If the ip addys don't have a similar ip string (even for a dialup) then they are in different locations. So these things can be verified.. now.. I'm assuming that once intmon starting checking into "who was who", he had a reasonably high confidence that ratman3 was telling the truth.

IMHO, if ratman3 is indeed telling the truth and his account was, in essence, hijacked.. then the right thing to do would be to restore ratman2's account to the rightful owner... points.. post counts, tuts, tips, whatever.. are (or should be) a part of him.

But I have just some questions for ratman. (whatever flavor that cares to answer)
    Since I can 't see your ip.. I can't tell where you are from. Call this personal and ignore it, or answer as honestly as you can and refute it, to help clear your name. TIA

1. Do you live, or did you live, in Connecticut ?
    2. Were you, or are you.. friends with a guy that went by the JCHostingAdmin nick ?
    3. Were you JCHostingAdmin ? (sorry but the above question didn't cover it)

BTW.. I believe even when JCH called himself the real JCHostingAdmin, he was.. even then I believe.. hijacking another jchostingadmin personna on the net.. a legit host (a shitty one), but this guy lived in Great Britain.. his name, John Courtenay..
    http://www.google.com/search?q=John+...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
    Now unless I'm mistaken JCH said he was from CT.. and there was some interest in starting some security thing.. was it CIRT ? I had a slight interest at the time because my roots were in CT. Weren't you part of the folks that were interested, ratman ? there's a connection and honestly can't figure it all out.. but I could if I read through all the JCH and ratman posts. I mean.. to me.. JCH was the lowest form of scum we've seen on this forum...

since some members can't see what I posted in the addicts.. I'll repost it here for all to see.

Originally posted here by sumdumguy
    heh.. yeah I raised the same doubts about creative's cancer about a week ago here .

I'll just repost what I said then..

once a liar always a liar in my book.. now allen.. you brought back more memories..
    yes.. remember when JCHostingAdmin claimed he had a father and grandfather who died in 911 disaster ? hehe.. roguespy and others really lashed out at him over that one.
    here's that thread.. September 11 - In Memory of...

and ratman I think, was either a good friend of JC.. or might have been JC himself.
    either case.. both were from Connecticut if I recall correctly.

lying.. the oldest social engineering trick in mankinds history.. 35,000 yrs plus..
    hasn't changed much in all those years..
    so.. ratman.. I think we'd all be interested in what you have to say..
    are you, or are you not, AO's best social engineer we've seen to date ?

Can I just mention that I find it sad that this thread was at one page when I left for work today?

Yeah.

Regards,

SSJVegeta-Sei

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede

Originally posted here by hjack
    Did anyone but me catch the irony of the fact that the admin/owner of a Computer Security forum was social engineered for a users account.
    Yes, I believe I mentioned it quite vocally in IRC, while you were present...

Second, when the fsck did I end up back in high school? These damn threads are really starting to make me doubt the furture of this site. Future possible members come here and see threads like this and what do you think they think?
    Starting to make you doubt? Wow...

IMHO, any threads that even start to become a flame war need to be closed immediately. Lets try to bring back the quality of this site that I have heard so much about in lore.
    Which quality would that be? The constant AP alliances, the general arguments and flamewars that have always been present, or the genuine tech people who found this site to be a waste of their time?
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Incidentally, I encourage everyone to visit the forums in Incarnate's siggy.... I haven't laughed so hard since the "Silent Dragon Forum" incident! (Everyone who remembers that farce, raise your hands! Get them up there, now!)

Regards,

SSJVegeta-Sei

(that's http://www.spec.cometstream.net/spec/ for anyone who doesn't want to go flipping back through)

(edit) There are probably very few people still on this forum who will get this, but Veritise is reborn!

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.

Here we are! For those who don't know the whole story...

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=227125

Regards,

SSJVegeta-Sei

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Okay I've read all of this and I can onlly offer the following advice:

Grow Up!

If you have been banned from this site for an 'AP Alliance' it is because you are not mature enough to behave like an adult - Grow Up!

If you feel the need to point out that a new account is actually an old banned account, you are not mature enough to give people a second chance - Grow Up!

If you need to Socially Engineer people to get access to an account, you are not mature enough to accept that some things are best left as they are - Grow Up!

If you are so attached to a nick that you give yourself a similar account to one involved in a banning, you are not mature enough to realise that a nick is not that important - Grow Up!

If you feel the need to say 'I told you so' to people who have misjudged you, you are not mature enough to let people apologise in their own way, without loosing too much face - Grow Up!

If you refuse to admit you were wrong when evidence presented to you suggests it, you are not mature enough to have opinions if they can not be changed - Grow Up!

If I was a mod I would close this thread.

Now that I have offended everyone in this little flame, I'll add a comment for myself and try to follow it's advice:

I felt the need to have my say in this thread, rather than keeping quiet and letting the flames die I am not mature enough to act on my own wisdom - I'll go away now and try and Grow Up!

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    *Thread closed*

Enough already.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage