Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complete Set

Complete Set

I am making a security CD for me and one of my friends because his box is infected with W32 Blast..but this thread is not about the virus...I will have...
    Norton Personal Firewall
    Norton Antivirus 2002 or 2004
    Ad-Aware 6.0

I still need a good trojan remover and maybe one or two spyware adware tools
    Can someone tell me some
    thanks
    peace

/scriptkiddie18

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    The Cleaner is often used as a trojan remover. From my understanding this is one of the best out there..
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Thanks...
    Just btw...about the news article...are you rescheduling because i think ima need an extra day so it should be done saturday or sunday...this week was full of school **** and didnt get no time on working on it...what do you think?

From a previous post I made:

I do recommend, ... Spy Bot Search and Destroy as a spyware removal tool.

http://www.safer-networking.org/

It's freeware, it's updated very often, and searches for a huge list of specific spyware, ad ware, and worm builds, and snags the deeply registry hiding things that ad-aware tends to miss. Since he hand codes in the search locations the programs looks for, we know it is only snagging real and legitimate spyware rather than taking a crack guess and removing Photoshop 7 Just my advice, because from my experience, like the virus scanner above, it has never failed me or the people I get to run it.

As a side note, I don't use any solutions save Search and Destroy, and it has been about 3 to 4 years since I have had a virus. My point being, software will never replace the mind of an admin, what he knows, and how well he can implment things him/herself.

I reccommend-

Spyware Blaster - Prevents spyware from being executed in the first place

SwatIt! - Removes trojans & spybots; Might catch some things that your AV and Ad-aware misses

Bazooka Ad/Spyware scanner - Scans for viruses, spyware and adware; Scans fast and updates frequently
    (these are all freeware)

Might want to check here for trojan scanners.

scriptkiddie18, how long have you been here? Just checking.

6-7 Months?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    are you rescheduling because i think ima need an extra day so it should be done saturday or sunday
    There is a full post on this already in the Newsletter forum. Short answer: yes.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Dead Man Walking
    wouldnt it be better to put AVG and sygate or tiny firewall on the disc since that wouldnt be illegal? Instead of nortons AV and FW. Just checking to make sure that copyright violation is still frowned upon here

You might be right Zombiemann77...I might use those two on the cd for my friend...
    I'm in school right now abut i'll see when i get home...

btw: MsMittens that TheCleaner is 30 day trial
    can somone give me some good trojan removers with no trial
    thanks