Thread: Network problem

Network problem

Hey guys just got a quick question for ya.

Heres my set up.

two computers
    One running XP home and the other XP Pro
    I have my DSL modem then a LInksys BEFSX 41 that acts as the gateway for my two computers.

The computer I'm having problems with is XP Pro. For some reason, I can't surf the net after a bit. It just stops working. Now if I have a connection already established with another IP I don't lose it, but I can't get to any websites.

I figured it was a DNS error and manually assigned my DNS to my computer and it works for a while but then quits. I've switched back to DHCP so that my router can update my computer with the DNS information but still no luck. It seems like if I leave it on overnight I have problems with it. I come in the next morning restart it and it works for 30 minutes, then I have to restart it again, and then it works for the rest of the day.

Any Ideas anyone?
    =

AO French Antique News Whore
    Do you lost connection with the other computer (Shared File, Printer) or only the web?
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Oh sorry forgot to add that part

No I only lose my connection to the net which leads me to believe its a DNS problem on the one computer cause I can still surf the net on the XP Home machine when I have the problem on the XP pro machine.

I can also see and access the shares on the other computers when I have the problems to.
    =

AO French Antique News Whore
    On the TCP/Ip Properties, both DNs ent IP are address automatically? You have all the basic setting in the Advanced TCP/IP Setting? You have Netbios install as a protocol? (Who could explain network share still working)

You could also deleted this network connection and recreated one from the base.
    -Simon \"SDK\"