Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can they know where i am

Someone once told me that you can find out what IP is using a proxy using some command in C++, couldn't tell you which command since I don't know C++. But I'm not sure about this so don't take my word for it.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

a freind of mine owns a server and he has amodem that resets it's Ip every time it reboots it does this about 30 times aday. To me this sounds much safer then using a proxy server.

yup the admin can know your location by simply having the IP address, you can be trace by using tracert, or other downloadable software..., IP add is very important while you r in the net.. it is like you phone line, you have a unique phone line that only had one set of no. ... and you can cloak your ip while in the net by using proxies ... there's a lot of proxies in the net... that you can have.. or by spoofing your IP but i dont have a any information about spoofing... just reading somethin aboutit..

Originally posted here by Deimos326
    a freind of mine owns a server and he has amodem that resets it's Ip every time it reboots it does this about 30 times aday. To me this sounds much safer then using a proxy server.

This accomplishes nothing. At best it will keep some script kiddies from being able to flood your IP address as it keeps changing, but this will not protect your privacy at all.

ok Dwarrett I think I found a site that might be able to help you. http://blacksun.box.sk/tutorials.php/id/9 hope this helps
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!