Thread: HDD and DBAN

HDD and DBAN

Last night while I was sleeping my brother thought it would be funny to nuke my hard drive with dban. I have all my stuff backed up, so thats not a problem. The problem is this program is taking such a long time, it may be like 72 hours before it finishes. Would it corrupt my hard drive if I were to interrupt it. It already finished the quick clean, but its on the wiping phase. Moving at like 1% an hour or so. I have work Id need to do. I just wanted to check if it would corrupt if I took the power cord out. Any Help would be appreciated.
    We all search for a reason to live. It is in that reasoning we discover who we truly are.

I'd just let it go.. what are you going to do if you interupt it ? you can't do much if the drive's info got hosed.

but.. I don't think you'll corrupt the drive so much to damage it.. ie.. that you'd never be able to use it again.

Regal Making Handler
    Well as this utility is suposed to securly wipe a drive i would think that it is over writing a number of times. If you havent got the patiants or time to let it finish i see no reason why you just don't stop it and re-install your os.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

yeah jinxy.. i misread his post.. it's the dban program that's running.. oops..

kill it.. sorry for my error.. heh..