Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: keylogger trace

What is google man! http://www.ethereal.com/
    rofl doesn anyone know how many times we have said something like this?
    google this google that
    peace

theres a dos program called strings (ported from unix) that you can run 'against' the logger to see if it contains an address that it sends the collected info to.

strings.exe can be d/led from:

http://ftp.iasi.rdsnet.ro/people/altblue/win32/utils/
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Speaking of key logger's. Can anyone tell me why when I first go to a sight for the first time any day my pointer gets a white star with an orange (!) in it? I use a cable modem with XP. Thanks for any help if someone put something on my home computer.
    Just when i got used to yesterday, along came today.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    That'd be the Comet Cursor. And if memory serves it has it's own form of spyware.

PC Hell: Comet Cursor Removal Instructions

It might also be helpful in the future to start your own thread for seperate issues.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

umm buthow would ya detect the logger neways?I'm assuming it'd be hidden on the startup,win.ini etc..

how do i know keylogger is running at my system?

MsM could be google toolbar - when it blocks a popup it turns cursor into a hand and has a lil star with a ! in it

v_Ln

will some one be nice enought to give a quick ethereal tutorial on how to packet sniff? how can i find the file in the first place, then go on to use ethereal or the dos program to do a trackback? thanks

notice the flashing dates, this thread is over 2 years old... and no longer active...

on a side note: look in the ao tutorials or search ao for ethereal, theres plenty to be found...