Hey guys,

Well I am having a problem with sygate personal firewall. I had been using outpost and Zone Alarm and the one that comes with PC-Cillin. But hadn’t found one that was simple, yet allows you to configure things. Well my problem with sygate is when I install it, it runs fine and is as a program close to what I was wanting, but when I reset my computer windows begins to load and as close as I can tell when it loads the network drivers it reboots the machine. I could be wrong with the network assumption. but I have used msconfig, to turn off all other loading programs but sygate, I also went and turn off services that weren’t windows related, and it still reboots. Once I turn sygate off as a service it runs fine. When everything but sygate is off it seems to hang right when windows is loading the network icon in the systray. I searched around the net and found other people with similar problems, but no one I found had any clues. And since I couldn’t find a thread on here I decided to add one….well thanks for you time. I am going to put basic info about my machine below just let me know if you want more.

AMD 2800
1gig ram
winxp pro
pccillin 2002
sygate 5.5
3com etherlink XL (3C905B-TX)