Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my first VB proggie

Talking my first VB proggie

Hello, i've just made my very first VB program, and i thought that i'd show it to everyone, as i got help from various Tutorials from this site.
    i know it's kinda corny but hey it took me like 45 minutes to do.
    So anyhow any suggestions on how i could make it better would be much appreciated.
    And i was thinking once it was done i would like to put it on to my site,.

Cheers
    Lfrog.

P.S: I'm very sorry if i have posted in the wrong Forum, couldn't work out witch Forum i should post this in.
    Umm they said i should put my signature here.
    And now all i got is a heap of White Out on the Monitor..

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Er, it'd be kinda handy if you told us what it is supposed to do......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

not supposed to do anything, i was just happy that i finally worked out how to use Visual Basics.

Lfrog
    Umm they said i should put my signature here.
    And now all i got is a heap of White Out on the Monitor..

Antionline Herpetologist
    Please provide the program with source. None of us really know who you and and for all we know it might be a virus or something. If you provide the source, more of us are likely to check it out since we know there isn't any malware in it and we can compile the source ourselves.
    Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

i was about to say the same thing cgkanchi.
    also Leap Frog, i for one am more than happy to check peoples programs out, i know what its like when your first learning, your proud of what you write and you want to share it. But when you put a program on the boards with no source code and no description of any sort its gonna raise surspicions.
    anyway thats just my 2cents

Ok.... I'll bite.....

If it isn't supposed to do anything then I have 2 questions:

1. If it does nothing how do you know it works????????
    2. If it does something WTF does it do?

As has been pointed out by cgk we don't know you from Adam so what on earth makes you think that we are just going to d/l your peice of software and run it. We may look stupid but I can assure you we share our brain cell evenly amongst us and right now it is looking at this thread and saying "Yeah, RIGHT........" to all of us......

Post the source and a description of what it will do and you might get some takers..... Other wise you should probably go fishing elsewhere...... Get my drift?
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

you guys have been programming for to long. he made somethin, it works hes happy...thats all! Congrats LF
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Tedob: You forget - I'm a crusty suspicious old fart.... I wasn't always suspicious, I wasn't always crusty either - but that's another story......

sorry TS im usually that way myself...crusty that his. hes just having fun and learning. i need something to be fun myslf to learn

well you could have it call itself On_Close but that would just be annoying so look for ways to change the positioning atributes to keep it ahead of the mouse
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

It's a gas!
    Well LF its a start