Thread: The 2 Ultimate Programs

Banned

The 2 Ultimate Programs

I think this need to be mentioned and i think whoever visits this forum will check out this thread because it has link to the two best programs for Spyware and Adware.

First Program: Ad-aware
    With its ability to scan your RAM, Registry, hard drives, and external storage devices for known data mining, advertising, and tracking components, Ad-aware can easily rid your system of these tracking components, allowing you to maintain a higher degree of privacy while you surf the Web
    The latest version includes improved Browser Hijacker detection, HOSTS file scanning, smart scan mode which improves speed and has been optimized to detect content at the root, and much more.
    Download HERE

Second Program: As mentioned in the second thread, Spybot Search and Destroy.

Spybot - Search & Destroy can detect and remove a multitude of adware files and modules from your computer. Spybot can also clean program and Web usage tracks from your system, which is especially useful if you share your computer with other users.
    Version 1.2 adds a variety of new and updated features, including an immunization option that allows you to block many spyware downloads before they get to your computer, and improved detection mechanisms for morphing files.
    Download HERE

I would like to add that these programs are Free, they also have the other versions witch they sell, if someone can afort a copy of this programs you should buy it. I now that most of you may be thinking why ? ? I would have to say because they are good programs and that they deserve to get incentives to continue to make such programs. I'm not saying this about only this 2 programs there plenty of free programs that could use our support .

Banned
    Great thread, Ad-Aware is an excellent program considering its free and I would recomment that anybody who dosent have a copy download it now!

BASH and GREP

The 2 Ultimate Programs IMHO are bash
    and grep

no sysadmin can live without these..

windows users, can get them from cygwin or a "clean port"..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

The 2 Ultimate Programs IMHO are bash
    and grep
    OK.....what are they and what do they do, the_JinX??
    I use both Spybot S&D and AdAware. What one doesn't get the other does. Adaware seems to be the better product, if you had to choose for some reason, but I don't. I run both of themat least every other day and usually have 6-12 pieces of spyware to be removed. Not running either, I can't even imagine how much you could pick up in a very short time.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

great post Mem, i agree wholeheartedly. i use both religiously and have found them to be very useful, i cant tell you how many people's computers i have saved by using these 2 programs, and i can't imagine how slow and insecure my computer would be without them.
    speak your mind becuase those who matter don\'t mind and those who mind don\'t matter

Great Links there. Memory.
    I went out and brought Ada-ware a while back and i've never heard of the other proggie until now.
    So thanks for bringing up a fairly important subject..
    As i'm sure that everyone hates those annoying Ad's dialers and other cr*p slowing up our systems..

Cheers
    creative

moxnix

this is kinda off topic, but in topic with the title

bash is a shell (like command is the dos shell, but it has lots of extra features)
    if you are interested in bash, read this.. http://www.tp2.be/bash/

grep is a search utility, http://www.gnu.org/software/grep/doc/grep.html has loads of info..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Re: bash and grep... big girls don't 'vi' only real men do - lmao :-)

there is another good program re: spyware that hasn't been mentioned... hijackthis.exe

I don't remember where I found it but I'm sure there are a few copies going around. Self contained program that lists all hooks into IE and the registry. Very quick and very good.
    Sucks to be Hugh

Thanks everybody !
    In fact I tried Ad-aware and got rid of nuisance. I am happy. Got to try Spybot - Search & Destroy. Thanks for the link too!
    Once again Thanks everybody!
    [glowpurple]What What will happen, will happene happen[/glowpurple]