Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Login prob

Login prob

Hey,
    I was just wonderin....everytime I open this site,I get logged in as another user..adityaa1 i think..is this coz we're on the same isp or have the same hostname or sumthin?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Are you using a computer at a cafe or school (somewhere where computers are shared)?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

nopes...

Are you sure that you are actually logged in as this user, and not that you can just see his/her front page - i.e. can you see their thread subscriptions? If not then you're behind the same proxy as they are and you're being served the latest page that the proxy had in its cache, which just happens to be when this person logged in. I had this "problem" at college once, it really spooked my friend because he thought I'd somehow managed to figure out his AO password.

If you can actually access this person's account (try making a test post in this thread or something, obviously don't read their private messages or anything like that!) then that's something that JUMP need to look into further.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Banned
    pwaring is correct, when i open AO in school i either am logged in as deathmetal or DH ANTI FLAG but i can not post or anything but i can change Profile Settings and such.

Hmm, you shouldn't really be able to change any settings, because the AO code should check for a valid cookie before allowing you to view/change profiles etc.

The only reason I can see for this happening is if you have a proxy server and you also share computers - in that your cookies are stored on the PC that you use to access the site (at my previous college cookies were stored on your user space so there was no chance of anyone else using them by accident or design).
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

hmmm.. that's pretty interesting.. I'll bet you both are in the same school as pwaring suggested.. adityaa1's profile.. so you're both from India.. why don't you contact him/her and see how close you two really are.. might be sitting right next to you..hehe..

for now, you both better set it up not use the cookies in your profile and manually log in each time.. or get togther and figure out how to delete the cookies you both have as they must be shared somehow. I don't think there's much that can be done from AO's point of view.

lol,thnx...nopes..I dont think we're newhere close...yeah,I can see his subscriptions but I cant change his profile settings(n defintely not his pass...jk)..

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Is it possible your ISP is using web caching (as a method of making access faster) and keeping the cookies as well?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I doubt it...is there ne way I could check tho?I've tried connecting thru diff ips as well...it still doesnt work