Thread: PHPbb Skinning Tutorial Part #1 and #2

Smile PHPbb Skinning Tutorial Part #1 and #2

There are a lot of people skinning PHPbb and since I have skinned more than my share of BB's, I will post both here for you guys to have fun with. Included:

Tutorial Part #1 and #2 in PDF and Plain Text format

Support files

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Jack

that must have taken alot of time - really well done mate am impressed
    one of the most detailed tuts have read on here in a long time - kudos to you

major greenies coming your way - its times like these I wish you could give x2

v_Ln

Talking

ooops, forgot to add the support files to it.

Thanks v_Ln, I have had it in my posession for quite a while and has a lot of spelling and grammatical errors. But I thought it would be helpful.

For those of you who downloaded the tutorial files, make sure you grab this too. It is good to have a roadmap on how the end result looks.

I am fixing the grammatical and other errors and putting them in a neat HTML reference. It is almost done and should be uplaoded today. The variables list only included the templating variables but not the PHP tag variants. I will have to scour the code to find them all, but it is helpful when calling functions from OUTSIDE phpbb to work with other pages.

Sorry for trouble.

Fixed. Download this instead, because it is now in an easy to read HTML file including the support files.