Originally posted here by gore
Umm, the requirements I listed were a complete joke....I assumed peopel would see that and get a laugh out of it....Damn you kill the fun in it.
-hands you A fun back- (MUD joke)

a 486, I still need one, I want to set up a few things and play.
Don't we all! They make killer wargaming systems.

thinking you are starting too realise I'm not seriouse....At least I hope so. Windows is great for a desktop, but as for servers, I'm partial to *NIX. And *NIX also makes a great desktop.
I agree 100%. I've battled back and forth between installations of different OSes to test which benifits which reasoning the best. Windows has always come out on top for the fastest and best desktop/workstation OS. Need I mention the best gaming support (WineX exists of course, but let's be honest ) And while windows can handle a server decently (once configured) a UNIX based OS handles it 10x better. That's been my rule of thumb for a very long time now. Windows for desktops, and UNIX for servers.

Everyone says how Macs are the greatest at Graphic designs.....Which they obviously have never used UNIX. An SGI running IRIX would OWN a Mac.
Well, the latest macs are built off of the UNIX code (BSD?) and thus have the same system capabilities as IRIX. However, I think purchasing a $2,000 computer just because advertisements say photoshop looks better, makes me shiver. Just my opinion, but even as a former web designer Mac would never be able to do what I feel a fully functional workstation/desktop should be using.