Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a question about eblaster with remote install

Originally posted here by MadBeaver
    He doesn't want to report it to IT

I assume that it was supposed to be IT not Ip
    Yeah, but this is why I deleted my post. I was first thinking that it could be a Trojan or Spyware so I told him to install Spybot, but if his wife is sending something like that with malicious intent, the IT deptartment needs to know so they can clean the system. My second thought was that he had malicious intent so that was another reason to delete my post.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

At the finish line I believe my scenario looks pretty damn good........ And that was the reason for my first response....... It's called "testing the water"..... The rest of you dived in without thinking that he might, in fact, be trying to do something.... er..... unethical/immoral/
    Very True
    I guess I souldn't be so trusting without more information.

[EDIT] Well StreetFighter which one is it? [/EDIT]
    Mad Beaver

She is not a techie,I don`t want to report it to it because I don`t want anything to happen to her.Tiger shark/suspicious,crabby old fart your name fits you well, I`m just a guy who knows very little about computers except how to play games on them. As far as your diabolical conclusion. I`m not trying to TEST THE WATER.One thing I Know is ford monitors their computers along with most major companys.What happened was a female emailed me and asked me to lunch and I didn`t go my wife found out.So I typed e-mail trackers and up pop spector software along with this web site.So I thought That I would ask you guys if it was posable for a program like that to get thru.(Thats it)besides if I wanted to get some info on how to mess around on the computer their are a million sites just for that.I was just looking for a little help. Is that not what forms are for????

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Streetfighter:

I`m just a guy who knows very little about computers except how to play games on them
    No offense meant but I certainly believe that after your last post. Tiger Shark is my nom de plume/handle/screen name or whatever you want to call it - things in square brackets "[" and "]" indicate a change of mode/mood if you like so [suspicious, crabby old fart mode] means begin that mode and the same thing with a "/" at the beginning means end the mode..... It's a programming thing..... what can I say.....

I was the one testing the water..... I wanted to see what your response was to my suggestion of reporting her..... you kinda skipped over it in the initial post.

Ok.... Now I am satisfied that you are not the object of Ford's scrutiny.......

Depending on your position and job in the Ford will depend upon the level of restriction they are placing on you. I'm going to guess, (probably wildly), but it's a guess based on probabilities, (there are only so many people at Ford that are given high priviledges on their machines and in what they can send or receive), that you are in one of the more restricted groups, (feel free to correct me if I am wrong because it does have a bearing on what wifey darling could have done. My guess is that you may not receive emails containing any kind of executable file and that you are only a user on your workstation, (as opposed to a power user or administrator). If that is the case then the chances that wifey dearest got anything through is quite remote bearing in mind your profession of her level of knowledge.

If you are higher up or the admins at your facility don't follow procedure properly then it is possible that she could get stuff onto your machine with a low level of knowledge but without knowing exactly what it is it is practically impossible to tell you how to remove it.

Finally, two little points to note on a personal level:-

1. Wifey darling's suspicions were raised by more than a single event to make her try something like this - so there was smoke before this little fire.
    2. Coupled with 1..... If wifey dearest has reached this level of distrust then you need to start planning for the day of the separation for it will come....... Been there twice - so I'm no novice...
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

OK lets take a deep breath here, OK, now from what you posted here:

Originally posted here by streetfighter
    So I typed e-mail trackers and up pop spector software along with this web site.So I thought That I would ask you guys if it was posable for a program like that to get thru
    I read into that, that you have not confirmed if you have this or any software on you system that is hijacking your email, you are asking if it is possible, right?

Well anything is possible, but I really got to figure a company like Ford has quite a few things in place that would either prevent or detect this type of software.

Now, before we start looking for a high tech cause here, have you thought maybe someone at Ford has spilled the beans on you and this "female" to your wife (maybe even the 'female' herself).

Cheers:
    DjM

Thanks, a million for the answers.I just can`t figure out how she could find out about the e-mail. She is very jealous.The last thing in the world I would want is two women.Thanks again guys

Streetfighter
    Can you install programs on your workstation?

Question for everyone: Would an AV pickup something like eblaster?
    Mad Beaver

Originally posted here by MadBeaver
    Streetfighter
    Can you install programs on your workstation?

Symantec does.

Cheers:
    DjM

Quite probably not, because they are not proper trojans or viruses.

I remember a few weeks back when "Lover Spy" was being spammed all over the place. I got the trial and it certainly seemed to work (within the limitations of the trial).

I scanned for it with the latest Spybot, AdAware, Mcafee 7.0 and AVG and none of them detected it. McAfee later added it to their AV, with the comment that it was not strictly speaking, "malware".

It is not so much the products, but the the purpose to which they are put?

I believe that a keylogger detector would catch them.

I would have thought that an outfit the size of Ford would have had policies and software to prevent executables from running within e-mail.

streetfighter.................

1. Is this a laptop that you take home from time to time?
    2. Have you just had one incidence, that particular e-mail?

I hope that you appreciate that loading such stuff on a Corporate machine is a gross breach of security, and that your employers may well take the view that you are responsible for the actions of your immediate family

I hope it is not too late, as this stuff "phones home" on a regular basis and may well be spotted by the Admins. It might be a good idea to make sure that your machine is powered off/ disconnected from the network when you are not at work as that would be a dead giveaway.

Good luck

Do not cheat your wife!!!
    ...hey,just joking!Women are strange!