Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Remove W32.blaster Vurus

How To Remove W32.blaster Vurus

Hi my name is asmir...I am good with deliting virus but this one was the hardest one.... for w32. worm blaster u have to find pacth for it... follow these steps as i give u if u have w32.blaster virus.....

Manual Removal
    As an alternative to using the removal tool, you can manually remove this threat. The following instructions pertain to all current and recent Symantec antivirus products, including the Symantec AntiVirus and Norton AntiVirus product lines.

1. Restore Internet connectivity.
    2. End the worm process.
    3. Obtain the latest virus definitions.
    4. Scan for and delete the infected files.
    5. Reverse the changes made to the registry.
    6. Obtain the Microsoft HotFix to correct the DCOM RPC vulnerability.

Click Start > Run. The Run dialog box appears. Type:

SERVICES.MSC /S
    in the open line, and then click OK. The Services window opens.
    In the right pane, locate the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service.

CAUTION: There is also a service named Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator. Do not confuse the two.

Right-click the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service, and then click Properties.
    Click the Recovery tab.
    Using the drop-down lists, change First failure, Second failure, and Subsequent failures to "Restart the Service."
    Click Apply, and then OK.

CAUTION: Make sure that you change these settings back once you have removed the worm.

2. Ending the Worm process
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete once.
    Click Task Manager.
    Click the Processes tab.
    Double-click the Image Name column header to alphabetically sort the processes.
    Scroll through the list and look for Msblast.exe.
    If you find the file, click it, and then click End Process.
    Exit the Task Manager.

THE END....

I HAVE THIS WILL WORD.... TXZ....

I think its a bit late for these instructions. Anyone thats still vunurable to that worm is a lost cause!

i know but there is still some people that have that virus.....

two of my friends and cousin had that virus till i didnt delete it......

Banned
    You didn't write that above. At least you can post the source where you got that info from like maybe from http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ster.worm.html or somwehre else.

You know how i know this?

Hi my name is asmir...I am good with deliting virus but this one was the hardest one.... for w32. worm blaster u have to find pacth for it... follow these steps as i give u if u have w32.blaster virus.....
    many spelling errors because you wrote it and i believe English is not your native language. The rest of the post is without spelling errors.

Originally posted here by MemorY
    You didn't write that above. At least you can post the source where you got that info from like maybe from http://securityresponse.symantec.com...ster.worm.html or somwehre else.

You know how i know this?

many spelling errors because you wrote it and i believe English is not your native language. The rest of the post is without spelling errors.

You mean it wasn't the sentence that said "The following instructions pertain to all current and recent Symantec antivirus products, including the Symantec AntiVirus and Norton AntiVirus product lines."

LoL good call anyway, can you say: BUSTED!

AT LEAST I HELP PEOPLE TO DELETE THEM.....

Banned
    You mean it wasn't the sentence that said "The following instructions pertain to all current and recent Symantec antivirus products, including the Symantec AntiVirus and Norton AntiVirus product lines."

LoL good call anyway, can you say: BUSTED!
    damn it lol, i didnt read that part. My bad asmir

MEMORY...
    U KNOW WHAT DUDE....
    U SHOULD SHUT THE **** UP...
    I AM JUST TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE WHO NEEDS IT...

Banned
    MEMORY...
    U KNOW WHAT DUDE....
    U SHOULD SHUT THE **** UP...
    I AM JUST TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE WHO NEEDS IT...
    What the **** man. I said i was sorry for not readin' your whole post, what is your problem.

What I think that Memory is trying to get across Asmir is that maybe next time you should also provide the link where you obtained the info from. That way you can avoid been accidentally accused of having just copied and pasted info.

But overall I can tell that you were just trying to help some people out there who just might still be infected with this virus.

It was a human reading error so just let the past be in the past.

Just my thoughts ......
    Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam