Thread: Telephone directory

Telephone directory

Is there anyway of obtaining a white pages directory for the Lugansk (luhansk) in the Ukraine?

Can you cross reference a name with a telephone number and obtain an address?

I am concerned that i might be trying to be scammed by one of these nice women in the Ukraine?

Cheers.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    First, this isn't a Question about Antionline. This is a question about finding white pages. Have you tried google or your library?

Second, publishing someone else's phone number without their permission isn't a good thing.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

how do i delete the phone numbers?

Edit your post (look for the edit button in between search and print)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

I don't know about other countries, but over here in the UK you can only obtain a telephone number given a name or an address (preferably both) - you can't find the address given a telephone number.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

..you can only obtain a telephone number given a name or an address (preferably both) - you can't find the address given a telephone number.
    You don't have reverse telephone listings? In North America, you can do something known as a reverse telephone lookup (although it's harder to find online these days because of privacy issues but larger reference librarys certainly have this). It's used by real estate sometimes to do "cold calling" (old trick). The book is divided by address or phone location.

bae would need that -- if it exists -- for Ukraine and given their "stable" government I have doubts of that.

There are still plenty of online places for the US and Canada to do reverse lookups.
    It's a handy thing to have, imo.. of course, it's not available for unlisted numbers.

reverse telephone lookups

As far as I am aware, we can't do reverse look-ups easily over here. If you ring directory enquiries and ask for an address given a number, they will not help you.

I think you can purchase tools such as those offered by 192.com that will allow you to do such reverse lookups. However, I don't think there are any online services that will allow you to do this (especially not for free) - I certainly haven't come across any.

I've also heard rumours that it's against our Data Protection Act for BT (the main telephone company in the UK) to give out addresses given a phone number. It's all rather confusing, some people say that you can't do reverse searches on private numbers but you can on company numbers.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

In the UK (I worked for BT in areas close to this) you can not give out a personnal address when given a telephone number. However if you are looking for a business address you can phone a directory service such as 192 (now 118 500) and provided you have the company telephone number & Name they may issue you with an address.

Actual reverse look-ups of personnal telephone numbers is not allowed by any UK company. It does not matter if the person is listed, XD/NC or XD/CO (exdirectory/No calls exdirectory/Calls offered - XD/NC is common format for unlisted numbers....XD/CO means that the number is not listed in phone books but by calling the operator they can call the number for you....without disclosing it - and see if they would like to accept the call)

v_Ln