Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cuba

not as bad as some of the dictators (Saudi Arabia) that we call
    "allies".
    Great point, I can't wait for the day when we are far less dependent on foreign oil. Anyone ready to open up ANWR? I am, unfortunately the supplies up there aren’t long term and the effects wouldn’t kick in for upwards of a decade. Oh well.

I just hope we're funding those who are seeking out alternative fuel sources with as much money they need to get this under control. There is nothing quite like being the subject of possible blackmail by a group of dictators sitting on half of the worlds oil supply.

You may not have political freedom in cuba , but you are safe (it is illegal not to pick up hitch hickers at night) . There are more doctors per capita than any other nation on earth. Many of them have gone to help other S. american countries. If you wish to be a doctor all you have to do is show up , not go into debt for 10s of thousands of dollars. Its all perspective, if you are greedy cuba is not for you. Considering the position castro has been forced into by the usa's blockade, cuba does ok for being crippled by it for decades. I personally find dictorial criticisms from the usa to be hypocritical considering the cuban five http://www.freethefive.org/ and the tacit support of terrorism against cuba , Orlando Bosch is walking miami right now (thanks jeb bush) who has murdered many civillians. "According to the justice department in George Bush Sr's administration, Bosch had participated in more than 30 terrorist acts. He was convicted of firing a rocket into a Polish ship which was on passage to Cuba. He was also implicated in the 1976 blowing-up of a Cubana plane flying to Havana from Venezuela in which all 73 civilians on board were killed." http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/...851913,00.html
    Or the planned terrorism in the 60s http://www.antiterroristas.cu/index....cha=2004-01-04 or the good old bay of pigs as well as many cuban americans have planned terrorist actions from the usa that have been done to cuba , as to boat people that seems to be ok if you come from cuba but you get a boot to the ass if you are hatian (don't many want to leave a poor country regardless of its rulers,politics).... Personally if i had to live in the USA or Cuba i would take cuba , but thats just me If you live in the usa and you visit cuba you can expect fines in the thousands of dollars from your state department , 3000-10000 last i saw it enforced.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Personally if i had to live in the USA or Cuba i would take cuba , but thats just me
    Go for it man, no one is stopping you. Crappy choice if you ask me.

Answer: Take a trip there - look for yourself. Walk the streets talk to the people OUTSIDE of tourist business districs and bus routes.

\"SI JE PUIS\"

I'll bet Castro is on a fat pipe sending emails where ever the hell he wants. Shame really.

There are more doctors per capita than any other nation on earth.
    Actually I think that Cuba is like number 3.

Anyways you have to be a member of Fidel hierarchy or a foreign tourist to enjoy the best medical attention and resources in well-equipped hospitals without feeling the lack of resources that the Cuban population has to endure.

So what's the point of having so many doctors ?

Personally if i had to live in the USA or Cuba i would take cuba
    Lumpy I personally dont think that you would be saying that especially if you were living in the same conditions that the Cuban people have to suffer everyday.

Operation Cyberslam
    \"I\'ve noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.\" Author Unknown
    Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit
    Proyecto Ututo EarthCam

Regal Making Handler
    I watched a rockumentury a while back about The Manic Street Preachers gig in Cuba. For anyone who has not heard of them they are a Welsh band. (Wales is part of the UK just incase the Americans here did not no) Befor the gig they met with Castro, the interviev went something like this:
    Castro meats the Manic's.

Casto: Welcome to my country.
    Manic's: Good to meet you Sir. Do you like lowed music, will you be at the gig?
    Castro: I have been to war. War is very lowed. Your gig will be a piece of cake.
    Manic's Cool see you there then.

Interview after gig

Manic's: Did you enjoy the gig Sir
    Castro: War is lowed, you were loweder though.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry