Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: new version of "coolwebsearch" blocks access to some security sites

ok so here's a place to start:

info@cogentco.com?subject=Dave Schaeffer, CEO

cut and paste or write your own...just click on it even if you only say "Stop coolwebsearch" it might make them nervous enough to kick coolwebsearch.

Subject: Attn: Dave Schaeffer, CEO

BTW i just sent mine and ended it telling dave he wasn't a very nice man :-)
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

gee, this is both good and bad. At the time I first posted this, I didn't think CWS would take it this far. To ddos sites ? Could it be proved that it was cws behind the ddos attacks ? I wonder what tom coyote has collected for info, wouldn't he be a good contact for info ? An organized assault on things like this is the best.. right ? Why can't alliances be formed with the groups already looking into this ? Surely a combined effort would make a greater impact.

tried even flushing the DNS... but these sites (merijin and spyware) cannot be still connected.. is this a problem with this part of world (i.e. INDIA .. ASIA sub-continent)

Seriously I believe some very serious action should be taken against the people behind CWS trojans..... It is a menance.... and it cooly forces you to visit the site of their preferences....

I hear lot of people have alre initiated some action... It would be great if we get an update on it....Any replies from FBI ????

Is there any other global forum where we as individual users who have suffered under this trojan complain abt it.

I still guess that none of the antivirus were able to delete the trojan.. in that case why are those companies not initiating a legal action against the culprits....

Again this has mercilessly targetted Internet Explorer... again wonder why Microsfot is unable to take an action.. will it make any sense for AO to write a letter and apprise the companies with the destructions casued by this trojan and request them to take strick actions against those behind this nasty trojan......

****** Any man who knows all the answers most likely misunderstood the questions *****

Originally posted here by anjali
    tried even flushing the DNS... but these sites (merijin and spyware) cannot be still connected.. is this a problem with this part of world (i.e. INDIA .. ASIA sub-continent)
    Apparently they are still having some propblems. Just checked and they expect the site to be up and down today. Hopefully just server issues not more DDoS.

is it working now? it's working fine for me right now.
    Well...its not gonna get much better than linux!