Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can You Crack this!!!

Talking Can You Crack this!!!

Hi All;

Here is a challenge to you who think they are good "Crackers"
    Crack this code...Straight from Mars!!!!

https://planetary.org/redrover-dvd/dvd_clue.html

It's not easy.... A friend crack it in 3.5 hours....

Any Suckers out there!!!!
    Franklin Werren at www.bagpipes.net
    Yes I do play the Bagpipes!

And learning to Play the Bugle

I'll go for it

Man...just trying to read the lines and dots on that picture is tough. I also have to try and find that book they mention... Anyone else going for it?

Edit: I now found the plain-text of the first clue. Shouldn't be too much further from here...

Talking RE:Can you Crack this ???

Well here is a hint.....or 2!!!

Code from Red Rover on Mars

l-l--lll---llllll--ll---l-ll---llll-lll---l-l--l--ll----l---ll--ll--ll----l

Carl Sagan's Pale Blue Dot.

Pale Blue Dot

Because of the reflection of sunlight off the spacecraft, the Earth seems to be sitting in a beam of light, as if there were some special significance to this small world. But it's just an accident of geometry and optics. The Sun emits its radiation equitably in all directions. Had the picture been taken a little earlier or a little later, there would have been no sunbeam highlighting the Earth.

And why that cerulean color? The blue comes partly from the sea, partly from the sky. While water in a glass is transparent, it absorbs slightly more red light than blue. If you have tens of meters of the stuff or more, the red light is absorbed out and what gets reflected back to space is mainly blue. In the same way, a short line of sight through air seems perfectly transparent. Nevertheless - something Leonardo da Vinci excelled at portraying - the more distant the object, the bluer it seems. Why? Because the air scatters blue light around much better than it does red. So the bluish cast of this dot comes from its thick but transparent atmosphere and its deep oceans of liquid water. And the white? The Earth on an average day is about half covered with white water clouds.

We can explain the wan blueness of this little world because we know it well. Whether an alien scientist newly arrived at the outskirts of our solar system could reliably deduce oceans and clouds and a thickish atmosphere is less certain. Neptune, for instance, is blue, but chiefly for different reasons. From this distant vantage point, the Earth might not seem of any particular interest.

But for us, it's different.

Look again at that dot. That’s here. That’s home. That’s us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human who ever was, loved out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every “superstar”, every “supreme leader”, every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived here – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

The Earth is the only world known so far to harbour life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand.

It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits that this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we’ve ever known.

Carl Sagan

OK... Here is another Hint!!!

It's a Biggie!!!!

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
    In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Carl Sagen

OOPS!!! I misspelled Carl's Last name

CARL SAGAN

Sorry Prof. I have Fat fingers... But not to worry... His name is not in the code!!

is that msg from the rover in morse?

if yes, then this would be the translation:
    .-.. -....- .-.. -....- -....- .-.. .-.. .-.. -....- -....- -....- .-.. .-.. .-.. .-.. .-.. .-.. -....- -....- .-.. .-.. -....- -....- -....- .-.. -....- .-.. .-.. -....- -....- -....- .-.. .-.. .-.. .-.. -....- .-.. .-.. .-.. -....- -....- -....- .-.. -....- .-.. -....- -....- .-.. -....- -....- .-.. .-.. -....- -....- -....- -....- .-.. -....- -....- -....- .-.. .-.. -....- -....- .-.. .-.. -....- -....- .-.. .-.. -....- -....- -....- -....- .-..

can anyone do anything with this?

N/M LOL. I guess i should have just checked the website first .

Nope.... Not in Morse

LOL!!!!!

Cool Wimps!!!!

You mean that there is no one here that can crack
    this code..

New Clue.......

It has only 4 words.....

If the code is binary isnt every seven digits is a letter? hence 0000001 = a or something
    pZargs <-----newb answers!!! lol
    but had to try it anyway,and without decoding it I will just say its the saying that nasa sent with voyager that was put on the 24carat gold record.
    just a guess......

Any more clues left???
    The very best thing in life is FREE...