The political spin on deficit, surplus, national debt can be very misleading.

Each year there is a budget deficit, the national debt goes up. Even with Clinton's budget surplus there was still a national debt, one year of surplus wouldn't pay it off.

There's alway interest on that debt, so even in a balanced budget we have to service that debt or the debt goes up. Someone some day is going to have to pay that debt off. I'd like to see it in my lifetime. I have a conscience that doesn't believe in passing problems on to my kids or gradndkids (not even born yet).

Mormon, you're not agreeing with me about Bush being re-elected, I hope he gets tossed.

Its just a GD shame that in a country with 250+million people that we always wind up with the losers wanting to be president. I'd run for the office but I smoked dope as a teenager and have overdue library books.

Dean was the governor of my state (Vermont), he was ok. There was some serious issues during his tenure, school funding, health care. Being heterosexual, the civil union issue doesn't excite or bother me. What I don't like about the issue is the heat and praise Dean is drawing for it. The state supreme court said they had to do it, the legislature and the governor avoided the legal issue by passing "marriage light". I predict in 10 years other states will have it as well. The way I see it is the joy that two committed individuals have for each other shouldn't be diminished by their sexual alignment.