Thread: A Visit from the FBI

A Visit from the FBI

I read a pretty good article tonight.
    It is called A Visit from the FBI by Scott Granneman who is a columnist for www.securityfocus.com

Well, it finally happened. Right before Christmas, I had a little visit from the FBI. That's right: an agent from the Federal Bureau of Investigation came to see me. He had some things he wanted to talk about. He stayed a couple of hours, and then went on his way. Hopefully he got what he wanted. I know I did.
    Read on

I think its great that everyone is "joining forces" to get the word out. Computer security education is something that everyone should be taught now a days. With pratcially EVERYTHING online, protecting yourself online should be a huge priority to anyone who has access to the net. I really like the idea of programs like this. It reminds me of the police officers going into schools for the D.A.R.E. program .... except educating an older audience.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

That really is an amazing idea. Today most of the "Hacks" which are used to acquire critical information like credit card numbers and social security numbers is done by people asking for them in a very intelligent way. If the general populous was just given a little basic information on how to stay safe on the internet, internet crimes would just about be halved.
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-