Thread: I have a stupid, quick question

I have a stupid, quick question

Like the subject said I have a stupid quick question, do I have to have a different phone line for dsl? or canI have it on the same line as my normal phone line and be able to use my phone at the same time ? any help would be useful, thanks in advance.
    Life\'s a Dream, Wake Up!!!!!!!!!! -Zelfaldor

Yes you can, that is one of the advantages of DSL, you can use the phone and net at the same time

Cheers

Banned
    As Nihil said: yes, you can.

You'll probably need a splitter to split the phone/dsl signal, though.

Banned
    If youre more interested in how it works here is a good site

How it works. DSL works on your homes existing phone line. The DSL signal is mixed in with the normal phone signal at the ... each other. Inside your home you will have an external DSL modem connected to this splitter, this modem takes the ... DSL works on your homes existing phone line. The DSL signal is mixed in with the normal phone signal at the Phone Companies Central Office (CO), and then divided up again at your home by a device called a 'Splitter'. This allows both types of traffic to...
    http://www.net-sightings.com/dsl/how_does_dsl_work.htm

thanks to everyone. for clearing that up Now I can get myself and my parents away from aol. *shudders*
    Life\'s a Dream, Wake Up!!!!!!!!!! -Zelfaldor

Banned
    thanks to everyone. for clearing that up Now I can get myself and my parents away from aol. *shudders*
    6 motnhs for me to go, damn contracts.

AOL = evil
    I could rant and fill pages but instead i'll just smile and remember that the days of getting kicked off are over
    A mind full of questions has no room for answers