"inspired" by another thread here about kazaa and my general distaste for p2p apps, I bring you something that might be a good alternative to some of the suggestions I posted in that thread.

[rant on]
here's my view.. I know it's borderline to talk about warez or illegal (in some cases) sharing. I see many posts here that I think shouldn't really be allowed on a public security forum.. But hey, it's not my place to say what's good or bad, or rather, what is allowed or acceptable. Info is free when it's found by a search engine, it's up to you.. (or the admins/mods) to decide whether it's "right" [/rant off]

Like I said elsewhere, I have no need really for downloading music.. on 56k, it's not worth it to me. But everyone else has this "fixation" with grabbing all they can.. I say "hey good luck, have fun".

so for folks that just want the music and not the bull****.. I offer this additional alternative.

http://www.twistermp3.com/

Twister is a free internet program to find and download MP3 and other music files.
Twister uses the top search engines available today.
Twister is compatible with the major music players such as Media Player, WinAmp and Sonique.
Twister is completely free !

Some of the features that make Twister your choice for downloading music on the internet:

thousands of music files (MP3, real audio, ...)
real-time verification of search results
fast direct downloads
built-in play list
runs on Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, Me, XP
easy as 1-2-3
completely free
no popup windows
I cannot vouch for this.. I have not tried it.. it's posted for "informational purposes".
thank you.. leech away at your convenience.