Thread: Its not the Bios..but the hardrive :((((

Its not the Bios..but the hardrive :((((

If you read my post of "bios problem, very serious" i said that it was a problem with the bios..but after i tried to run the hardrive on another pc, the result was exactly the same..
    i have windows XP Pro, and right when the first windows logo of loading appear, instead it disform the image and reboot..over and over again..what can i do..please!
    This is very important has i have ALOT of important data that i cannot lose! Please, i really need help!

LuÃ*s.M Portugal
    Owmen

Why didn't you just reply to your last post?

Did you play with your logon screen? Like did you add a file to Windows system folder so that your boot screen would be different?

If I were you, I would put the drive in another computer and make the drive a slave drive, pull your documents off, and reinstall your OS.
    =

Sorry for not putting this on the other post :\

No, i didn´t mess with the logon screen logo, has i said before, the windows gave me an error, rebooted and then all this happened..
    I tried to connect the 2 drives and save all files to another but when i do that, it said "No operative sytem found" ( i´m sorry for my english ), but if i connect the other drive ( this one i´m using ) it boots normal..
    How can i put the other one slave and make this one master so that i can boot from this one and save all the files here?!
    Owmen

Ok, the drive you trying to boot off of is the one your having problemw with right?

If thats correct, switch the jumpers on the back of the hard drive that is not working to make it slave, and hook it up into a different computer, but don't boot from it. As long as its slave, you can see it when you boot from a different hard drive, then you can transfer files over.

btw: can you boot in safe mode?

press F8 before the windows boot screen comes up.
    =

Hi there! First of all i whant to "apologyse for the anoyance" <-- bad english i know, i´m sorry , for the doubts of my brother!
    I wasn´t home and when i got here i found all this mess up, i fixed the problem has he told me what he had made..it seams that he changed the some config parameters in the msconfig console..and windows was not booting correctly from the boot.ini..and it was also having problems booting from c:\windows. Well, anyway it is fixed and i whant to thank all for the patience with this . "don´t let family members mess with the machines..they might think that they are kinda like a toster or what..if u find buter next to the screen..be alarmed lol :P"

Owmen
    Owmen