Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mc afee

Their support was meant for people who had no idea what the differences in an OS were. IF you read my above post, you would see that all of their support docs for uninstalling are the exact same, as I have included and directly quoted their support documents. Don't turn this into a flame war, don't put words into my mouth, and read my posts instead of skimming.

What good is asking him the OS version over and over an over and over again if they are duplicates?

Originally posted here by pooh sun tzu
    Their support was meant for people who had no idea what the differences in an OS were. IF you read my above post, you would see that all of their support docs for uninstalling are the exact same. Don't turn this into a flame war, don't put words into my mouth, and read my posts instead of skimming.

What good is asking him the OS version over and over an over and over again if they are duplicates?
    Oh..I am so sorry Oh great one. I will back out of this thread now and let your wisdom guide this poor newbie.

Cheers:
    DjM

Good riddance. Now go back and read my posts, along with the documentation you worship (and that I quoted in a HUGE post) that I have proven to be the exact same.

edit: in case you somehow missed it:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...826#post713400

That proves, that in short, asking what OS he is running in this situation is similar to asking a car mechanic to fix your car for you. He asks what year is the Honda. You say '92, and he nods saying "I can fix the tailpipe using gum.". You ask what would he have done if it were '95, '96 , or '81. He replies "Well, it would still use gum. All of them use gum to fix the same problem". In which you would ask, "Then why worry about the year if the solution was the same?", only to have the repair mechanic flip you off and tell you cheers.

Just to follow up... I've found that it's not a bad idea to scan the registry after the successful uninstall. McAfee and particularly Norton (Symantec) products love to stuff the registry with entries and their uninstalls don't necessarily remove everything. Scan for "McAfee", "Network Associates", "NAI", "antivirus"... any other terms that are relevant.

Note: When you find a registry entry, don't just out-of-handedly whack it; look at what it says. If you don't understand it, back away and do nothing; make note of the entry and research it to learn its meaning. And above all, before attempting a registry edit, make a backup!

::oof!:::

You bring up a good point, Mtoney. Can you recommend some software to do that automagically for us? I know programs for spyware and adaware registry removal, but what about software that checks for unused registry entries?

Used to use system mechanic back in the day (awesome program) but don't know if it still does it's job or not.

i downloaded a registry tool called EasyCleaner 2.0. i used it today and so far i have not had any problems arise. it was also featured on techtv's call for help.

http://www.toniarts.com/ecleane.htm
    go there for the main download site.

http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/fr...597591,00.html
    there is the techtv article describing the free download.

hope that helps :-)

ty for your help guys it worked

Yes, that's my CC number! 576869746568617's Avatar
    ty for your help guys it worked
    Guess pooh knew what he was talking about!