Thread: what is not so good

what is not so good

It was just to say that people are not very friendly, it's a bad point , they don't like newbies and it is also a bad point , otherwise the skin is great and clear , that's all i think, so it's a good site
    go on !

Best regards

Edwin

jesus, do you even know how to read??? people on this site are friendly, and we have nothing against newbies! however, when you ask a question twice, but get the only answer the first time, people get a little frustrated! There were answers given to you, either use them, or dont. just dont start a new thread expecting a different answer.

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

people on this site are friendly, and we have nothing against newbies!
    Not always. Although I seriously doubt everyone despises newbies. Look on the bright side though, once they hear the rush of "go to google" yells they will probably research a little on their own before posting the next time.

Someone mentioned just the other day how sometimes going to google turns up a load of crap and perhaps only someone with a bit of knowledge would be able to sift through it all and gather the info that is worthy of a look. So in that case, perhaps an answer to a seemingly simple question would be warranted.

I say all this because this is usually the scenario in which the newbies generate these sorts of feelings.

.dublix

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Perhaps. But you know what I find good. Learning how to Google properly to get rid of the crap. Once you can research things on your own, you can understand things faster rather than waiting for someone else to answer.

Edwin, I understand you are new here and you might be new to forums. Some advice I would give you is to explore the forums you post in to find your posts. This will help you in the long run, especially in an active forum like this one. Threads can easily end up 3-4 pages back if you visit only once a day. You can see posts that were posted since your last visit by clicking on the Discussion Forums link on the front page and then the View New Posts link on the subsequent page.

We are trying to help but some of that help is to minimize extra postings and to ensure we understand exactly what it is you are looking for. You should probably check your Private Messages. You might find that I sent you a link to the new location of your original post.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Perhaps. But you know what I find good. Learning how to Google properly to get rid of the crap. Once you can research things on your own, you can understand things faster rather than waiting for someone else to answer.
    That's certainly true; I can't argue with that.

My mom (God love her) can't google worth a crap and she has been surfing for well over 4 years. She often says, "everyone else can find what they're looking for; but I can't seem to ever find what I want". I have to chastise her when she says that. Heh. It's all in the hands mom.

Ok i was wrong , and i think it's my fault , now i will never post an other topic without to check in the other posts and in google, and i will translate properly my questions before writting something stupid .
    Thanks for the links and for your help.
    (can you forget me a while , i feel stupid )

Originally posted here by Edwin

(can you forget me a while , i feel stupid )
    Hehe, that's easy. *forgets who Edwin is*

Re: what is not so good

Originally posted here by Edwin
    It was just to say that people are not very friendly, it's a bad point , they don't like newbies and it is also a bad point , otherwise the skin is great and clear , that's all i think, so it's a good site
    go on !

Best regards

Edwin
    C'mon now, it must've been something ya did, or maybe whoever talked to you on here was having a bad day. I'm new here and I've not had any rudeness directed towards me!
    I think everyone that I've read posts from has been helpful, and nice to whom they were helping with. Don't feel stupid I'm probably gonna make the same mistake in the future, lol! But hopefully I won't be a AntiOnline newbie when I do make that mistake, heh!