Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weird Optical Mouse Problem

WHOOHOOO....lol. OK here's the deal. I went and bought a M$ mouse for 20 bucks with "intellieye". It works like a beauty, no matter how fast I move it. Knowing that it came from M$ almost brought a tear to my eye to see it work . I also bought a mousepad made specifically for Optical. Everything works perfectly right now. Thank you so much to everyone for your help.

I had a similar problem and could not for the life of me figure it out. But the problem went away when my son tripped over the cord to the halogen desk lamp I had near by. That lamp was the cause. Needless to say, it's not in the area any more.

mx-500 = best mouse

I had another Logitech before and it had the problem.

Buy an mx-500 and I'm positive it will fix it.

Also the drivers that Logitech supplies for XP are shitty. I let XP take care of the drivers by itself.

update

why can't u try updating the driver file for mouse and clean the mouse

waiting

dd

I did clean it, and I did research for the latest drivers (which were already installed). Neither one worked. I'm guessing the mice sometimes just go crazy. I've tried a few other optical mice, and only 1 other one did the same thing. I'm guessing it was just time for me to get a new mouse . I also bought a mousepad made specifically for optical mice. it was like 12 dollars but i'm guessing its worth it.