Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird Optical Mouse Problem

I tried cleaning it with alcohol, no luck . I used one of those dusters, no luck. I switched it with another optical one, and the same thing happened. Maybe i have some settings in my computer that are screwed up. I have the latest drivers for the mouse.

Hi Cybr1d,

I don't know what sort of machine you're using, but I had a similar problem with my optical mouse (USB). It was erratic - sometimes worked fine, other times it took a wander all over the screen, usually it just kept rising to the top of the screen. I was using a laptop with a touchpad. Disabled the pad and the problem disappeared. May not help, but there you go anyway.

Good luck

I'm using a PC. Yesterday it suddenly started doing this. If i move my mouse left to right really fast it just gets stuck in the middle of the screen goin nuts. its like it hits a wall.

the surface your mousing on is prolly not very good, at high speeds the mouse can't tell if your going left or right, just like weels on a car sometimes seem to be going backwards, so it keeps changing direction, either get a mouse specificaly for optical mice or get a dual-optical, they have two lenses and are alot harder to fool like that.
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

As tons of people have said. Use a single color mouse pad (black is best because it will not reflect back). Clean the "projector". Check to make sure the mouse is plugged in correctly. Check to make sure the wire is not cut or anything like that. I used to have this problem, but it was just the dell mouse pad. I do not think drivers are the problem.

-Cheers-

Hello all,

I agree with PM8228. I use a Logitech optical mouse at work, and since day one, it has had a tendency to "freak out" on me. Usually, it will just shoot over to the bottom left of the screen, and before I know it, I'm bringing up the start menu. It's kind of annoying, but nothing a new mouse pad won't fix.

No no no no, not singel colour, what you want is a optical mouse specific mouse mat which acctualy has specks on it, the ones I have seen had large hexagons with random black dots on white background, gives good reflection of the light and because they are random the mouse can follow it even if you move really fast.

Using a singel colour or black is the worst thing you can do because the mouse will only see black and will not get a reading for any movement at all.
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

I've been using a black mousepad. I'll try the new mouspad, maybe that will work. I did try another optical mouse in this pad, and it still did the same thing. Thank you for your help everyone .

i had the same problem before , I uninstalled and reinstalle d mouse , which fixed it..

also I got rid of using a mouse pad even the ones for optical.. the bare desk top worked better

AKA [glowpurple]Boston_Ripper[/glowpurple]

Talking Cleaning may be the key

A problem I have had is similar and I first looked at the drivers and hardware as being faulty. Then I looked at the mouse itself and found that a small hair lodged itself inside the area where the optical light is and occasionally it would get caught on the mousepad and cause my cursor to go all over the place. The posts that talk about cleaning are worth the time to consider.

Good Luck