Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft I.E. Auto-Fill

Microsoft I.E. Auto-Fill

Where are the login's used by Microsoft's ie stored? I have tried looking in my SAM file and through all the cookies to no avail.

Banned
    It actually is a cookie. But the cookies won't say like login id: MemorY password:yeahright :automatic lgin. THe cookie might be encrypted or something.

SOmething like this:

bblastvisit1074275406antionline.com/153784435635646386563526206515229613138*bbuserid147565antionline.com/1536161235635229686563201875515229613138*bbpassword8285hkbb6d4796edf50cbhd3ra22antionline.com153616143562345229686563201885515229523138*

Is there a way to monitor which cookies are being accessed? i.e. when I load my webmail page and the forms are filled, the cookie would show?

Banned
    Yeah you can go to your cookies folder: example: D:\Documents and Settings\MemorY\Cookies. You can also go to Tools-> Internet Option -> Privacy and set it to block cookies and to allow cookies. You can also download XCleaner and remove all thos ethings that store stuff about you online or offline.

http://aboutyourbreakup.com/xcleaner.html

Where on my PC does information get stored
    about my internet surfing activities?

Cookies,Temporary Internet Files (cache), Internet History, Internet "Autocomplete" List, Recently Run Programs,Recently Opened Documents, Recent File Searches, Windods Clipboard, Windows Recycle Bin, Windows Temporary Directory, Windows Application Log, "Checkdisk" .CHK Files, Windows Media Player Recent File List, Real Player Recent File List, Windows Paint Recent File List, Winzip Recent File List, Winrar Recent FIle List, Wordpad Recent File, LIstAdobe Viewer Recent File List, Ms Photo Editor Recent File List, MS Outlook Items Journal, AOL / Compuserve Cache & Cookies, Netscape (4+) Cache & Cookies, Opera Cache & Cookies.

I have applied a "prompt" for cookie setting in internet explorer. However because internet explorer is not a website, it's own cookies for the auto-fill option do not appear. I am not so sure that the auto-fill information is stored in cookies because I have deleted all the cookies and still my information appears in the login text boxes. Also I am not worried about cleaning my computer of personal info, I just want to know where auto fill stores its data.

In IE, goto tools, options, content, auto complete and disable the IE autofill/autocomplete there.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Let me clarify the question again: When I go to a webpage and Internet Explorer fills out login boxes for me, where does it store this data? There must be keys, a dbase, or a file somewhere. If you do not have the answer to this question, do not post.

Haha..I guess he told you phishphreek80 ... you must be absolutely stunned from that bit of wittiness

newinnash - the information is stored in Windows Protected Storage...you' ll need to find an app that will read it for you though.

I didn't mean to sound like such a d*ck, my bad. Anyhow I have found one program "Secret Explorer" which goes to the tune of 39 bucks. Is there anyway to explorer the protected storage though knoppix or any other available win32 program?

Is there anyway to explorer the protected storage though knoppix
    Since it is a Windows file, encrypted and decrypted by windows...not that I know of. Not in a way that is plainly readable. (it's possible there is something in Knoppix that I haven't discovered yet)

As far as other 3rd party apps, it depends what you are trying to do... I have found a half dozen different ones for different purposes....you are still going to have to find tha app on your own...

Not that I'm trying to be a dick, but it just occured to me that credit card numbers and the like can also be stored there, and I can't think of one reason why a person would legitimately need in there (I didn't say there aren't any, just that I can't think of any).. color me paranoid If you are just trying to retrieve a lost password, there are other means of doing that.