Thread: Stoping Spam

Stoping Spam

Hi i am not new to IT but i am new to stopping Spam so I hope i have come to the right place for this question.

I am currently working for a company who a Exchange 5.5 mailserver that keeps getting spammed. Does anyone know of any (preferably free) software that will filter spam on the mail server or before it gets to the mailserver.

Thanks
    DiGiTaLReePeR
    The Start of a new reign of Programmers.

QWxsIEhhY2tlcnMgTWFpbCBkaWdpdGFscmVlcGVyQGhvdG1haWwuY29tLg0KV2Ugd2lsbCBEZWNsYXJlIGEgTmV3IFdhciBUaGF0IGhhcyBuZXZlciBiZWVuIGRlY2xhcmVkLg==

Base 64

AO French Antique News Whore
    Exchange 5.5 is not supported my M$ anymore. I highly suggest moving to Exchange 2000 or 2003.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Ok,

I we are moving to exchange 2003 in a few months but its not just a case of installing is it it takes preperation but i need a anti spam solution quick as its getting out of habd can anyone give any usefull information

Thanks
    DiGiTaLReePeR
    The Start of a new reign of Programmers.

QWxsIEhhY2tlcnMgTWFpbCBkaWdpdGFscmVlcGVyQGhvdG1haWwuY29tLg0KV2Ugd2lsbCBEZWNsYXJlIGEgTmV3IFdhciBUaGF0IGhhcyBuZXZlciBiZWVuIGRlY2xhcmVkLg==

Base 64

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Try GFI MailEssentials here

It'll give you a 30/60/90 day trial, (I forget which), and it will give you breathing room. If you like it I found it to be quite cost effective.

Be careful of false positives to start with. If you have a lot of mail it quickly backs up and whitelisting all the non-spam domains becomes a problem. Once the initial phase is over it's pretty much a "fire-and-forget" thing.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides