Thread: Safe Mode

Safe Mode

LOL this is really newbie buti cant figure it out...
    on my computer i can go into safe mode and many others by pressing F8 on reboot but on my laptop i only got one option which is the normal start up...i need to get into safe mode to get this trojan off...i also tried msconfig...nothing
    peace

You don't say what OS is on the laptop.......try pressing down and holding the shift key whilst it is booting windows.

Also you might try rapidly hitting F8 whilst it is booting......I have an IBM that is so time critical I only get there about 1 in 5.

Also go into "set up" and see if you can change the boot method from quick boot so an options screen comes up?

Cheers

i must have forgotten the OS ...sorry i have windows xp home edition on the lnotebook
    and i did try F8 rapidly but only one option...i will try the other ones once my dad gets back with it in couple days...he a truck driver
    peace

AO French Antique News Whore
    Try a Msconfig to remove all program that boot on the start-up. CRLT-ALT-DEL on all the process run by user except explorer? This don't stop the trojan? Then try this link (It's a attachement), it's a program call CopyLock who will delete any file before Windows load and lock it.

http://www.antionline.com/attachment...achmentid=3569
    -Simon \"SDK\"

here is the reason

hai

there is no trojan in u r system

the reason why u r system didn't gone to safe mode is, in some laptops the functional keys are not activated while botting and they are activated only after the system boots so go to system properties and make the startup and recovery time as 10 seconds and restract

now u r system will show the option of booting into windows xp now press f8 and select safemode and goto safemode

if this doesn't work get me

dd

dddur:
    there is no trojan in u r system

the reason why u r system didn't gone to safe mode is, in some laptops the functional keys are not activated while botting and they are activated only after the system boots so go to system properties and make the startup and recovery time as 10 seconds and restract
    Man read the post again, The question is not about what or how tro remove the trojan, But how and why he cant get into safe mode.

Its all kool, its only 2nd post

ok man but with my reply he can get into safe mode isn't

for removing the trojan use the tool www.moosoft.com/ which was standard one for trojans

nothing spl

dd