Thread: which laptop for linux

which laptop for linux

I have been looking for a laptop to buy in about 4 months, and I was going to partition it and put mandrake discovery (i think) on it first. I have been looking into dell and ibm thinkpads, but I am very confused over which new laptop I should get that will work well runing linux and windows and xp. Money is not important, because this laptop has got to last me about four years or more. Thanxs!

I'd just buy one that you want. lol

I haven't put linux on to many laptops, but when I have I haven't had any problems.
    =

No, its just that i have heard it is much harder than just loading linux onto the laptop, as can be seen on www.linux-on-laptops.com which shows that sometimes many laptops act different, break often, or dont even respond after Linux is laoded. One guy said his Dell M300 or something has just keep breaking and are horrible for linux because they are so incomaptible. I also might want to put Slackware on instead of Mandrake.

I am looking into waiting either for a good thinpad from ibm to come out or the g5 laptop from apple.

My laptop is a Comapq presario 2500, and the only problem I had with it was the wireless card.

I would just keep reading reviews on which laptop works the best with linux.
    =