Thread: Ip Locator

Ip Locator

The site used to have an ip locator feature. I cant seem to find it atm. Is this still available? I tried to do a search but i cant remember the exact name of the tool. I thought it was ip locator. If any one has any thing on this, i would appreciate it.

It went away when the tools & toys section went away. You and try this one if you want.

http://security.symantec.com/ssc/vr_...GXIBVEMBQAUWZK

Cheers:
    DjM

... it seems that JupM took the easy way out and just deleted the link on the main page....BTW, how di you find it?

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

Great tools, thanks guys, now I can see where the guy trying to access me is coming from.

Boogymantroy

They are definetly great tools and links, however, you might be surprised at what you can't find out, or how accurate they aren't. Do a search through the fairly recent threads and you'll find several discussions on that very topic (one provided below). My IP will resolve to a location several hours away, and some even further. And with AOL and the other large companies, maybe the same continent. But give it a whirl and hopefully you can narrow the location of that critter.

Good Luck.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=253745

I traced one ip that was used, i guess he is an IP proxy. I traced it back to Korea... Dunno how valid that it though. Thanks for the input.

Yes, it's had accuracy problems for some time, so we just took the link down...eventually we'll spend some time working on it and get it back up to speed.
    Thanks,
    intmon

Ip Locator

Hi Friends .

IP-Atlas tries to plot your location or any other host on the internet using the NetGeo data. It finds the latitude and longitude coordinates of the host and plots it on an image for you.

NetGeo has stopped responding to over 50% of queries properly and there's a fatal bugs in IP-Atlas that cause it to completely fail when something can't be located. If anyone would like to take over IP-Atlas (search for alternate lookup methods, squash the bugs, respond to users) please email me. Any email related to IP-Atlas not working will be ignored right now.

& Symantec Secutiry Check - Trace a Potential Attackip locator
    also shows incorrect information for some ips / hosts

Try below links very perfect uptodate database

Useflull Links

Whois Search - IP / Host Locator

IP Address Locator - Enter an IP address to find its location - Lookup Country Region City etc

Perfect Result

-sankar