Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E-mail forensics

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the participation

Cyber1d cheated by sending a blank document......but I think he knew what I was up to?

Groovicus cheated by using his school laboratory computer but he knows me too well!

576869746568617 I am afraid you were the "fall guy" in this experiment?

I am about to test some software that is supposed to resolve this issue..........I will naturally keep you all informed.

once again, thanks............we had some fun?

cheers

Yes, that's my CC number! 576869746568617's Avatar
    It was fun indeed...We both got a good laugh, and I was once again reminded of why I don't like Microsoft's "We must think for the end user because they can't think for themselves" policy of writing "User Friendly" software.

Is it just me, or does MS software seem to fall more into the category of "hacker friendy"? (I am referring to straight out of the box, of course!)

I think Bill should rename the company to "Phisher Price!" for all the kiddies!

EDIT: Copyright Notice: The term Phisher Price is MINE! I reserve the right to use that term, since I made it up, for use as a future handle, and for general use to piss off script kiddies when they brag about their toys, such as sub7. Damn, I'm good!

Exceptions: Boogymantroy, Pooh Sun Tzu, Cybr1d, nihil, groovicius, thehorse13, Memory, and any AntiOnline Senior Member, Admin or Moderator may use this term at will. All others who use this term must pay me in positive antipoints for each use

nihil,

Are you refering to a tool provided/made available by M$ ? or some other Doc Scrubber?

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Hi,

Is it just me, or does MS software seem to fall more into the category of "hacker friendy"? (I am referring to straight out of the box, of course!)
    I think that most software falls into that category? There seems to be an underlying assumption that it will be bought by sensible people and used for the purposes for which it was intended? Unfortunately, the real world is not like that

I went to a charity shop one day and bought a couple of boxes of 5.25" floppies. Amongst them I found a copy of Norton antivirus that proudly boasted that it could detect all 726 viruses (that is NOT a typo!)

I guess that malware has moved on, but legitimate software has not?

"Phisher Price"

Und3ertak3r,

Hi there mate!, it was just something I came across in passing, it is third party stuff. I d/ld it onto another machine
    I will install and test shortly and let everyone know. I think that the one thing I would dread is mentioning software on AO and finding out that it contained something "unexpected" (Phisher Price operating systems excluded!). I guess that would destroy my "street cred"?

I need to test it?

1. Does not contain malware
    2. Systems requirements/performance issues
    3. Compatibility/conflict issues
    4. Does the job?

I will be using a "labrat" to start then work up from there. At work we all have "reference machines" that we use to test new software and upgrades on? I do not see any difference between good practice at home and in the workplace?

Good luck to all, and I hope to get back shortly

Cheers