Thread: WarSpying - a new spin on WarDriving

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar

WarSpying - a new spin on WarDriving

I have always said this would happen. In fact, we did a proof of concept a while back with local traffic cams.

http://www.securityfocus.com/news/7931

Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    The problem is, if the cops take an interest in you while you're doing something like this, the only way to get out of the situation is to admit that you're a dork," says MWD. "I'd almost rather be taken back to the station."
    My feelings exactly.......

But I'd better encrypt my bedroom feed, don't want you lot feeling inadequate......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Bwahahaha. I'm jsut picturing the local filth stopping as I wander down the street with a B&W TV flashlight combo and my home made antenna. Yeah, it is *quite* easy to perform this type of snooping. Personally, I made a directional antenna out of a pringles can. It works just as good as the commercially available one another dept purchased from Orinoco.

Gotta love that pringles dude.

Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

I wonder what the gain is on a pringles can. lol

Id hate to see the corporate leakage that could result from stuff like this.

Yes, that's my CC number! 576869746568617's Avatar
    Pringles...Great for munching....great for spying! I'm working on one now that uses an old 18" DSS Sat. dish....wonder how good it will work!
    Windows 9x: n. A collection of 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor. Written by a 2 bit company that can\'t stand 1 bit of competition.

i think this practice should be encouraged.

A 1959 fcc ruling gives anyone the right to receive anything transmitted on a public airwave (if its encrypted you can still receive it you just cant decrypt it)

This will serve to protect us from prying eyes. A person with a penchant to ‘look’ would think twice about placing a hidden a camera in a dressing room, bathroom, motel bedroom or a tree outside a window if s/he knew that there where people driving around just looking for them. Employers would think twice about hiding cameras turned on their employees if it turned out they really weren’t so hidden.

If someone does have a right to place a camera then the rest of us have a right to know its there, especially if we are the observed. If someone doesn’t have a right to place a camera but does it anyway that’s all the more reason to know

Sure there will be some perverts out looking for cameras to view but the very fact that they’re looking for cameras will deter the placement of them.

It might be helpful if a group like the electronic privacy foundation were to offer rewards for cameras found depending upon their relevance to our privacy even if that reward is only recognition.

Sure there are legitimate uses for observation cameras but that is no reason to encroach upon my right to access public airwaves. If someone wants the cameras not to be accessed publicly then they shouldn’t be transmitting the signal. Just because someone may find radio transmission more convenient, cheaper or more aesthetically pleasing is no reason for me to give up anything
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    humm... the local strip club just installed a bunch of wireless cam's in the new building...
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Sounds fun... Might be a new hobby for me, especially if the strip clubs have wireless cameras like souleman said.

The author's name sounds familiar. Where have I heard that name before???
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.