http://archives.neohapsis.com/archiv...4-01/0994.html

Application: Gaim <= 0.75
    Severity: 12 vulnerabilities were found in the instant
    messenger GAIM that allow remote compromise
    Risk: Critical
    Vendor Status: Vendor has fixed in CVS, but feels not ready for
    release because of problems with HEAD
    Reference: http://security.e-matters.de/advisories/012004.html

No corrected versions (> 0.75) available right now...

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

No corrected versions (> 0.75) available right now...
    You sure? I just updated mine on RH last night...

https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2004-032.html
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    From gaim.sourceforge.net

January 28th, 2004 - 1:51PM EST Security vulnerabilities

On Monday, several potential security vulnerabilities in Gaim 0.75 (and previous versions) were publicly disclosed by Stefan Esser. Due to problems with current Gaim CVS (Yahoo! still not working properly being the most influential) we are not yet ready to release 0.76. You are encouraged to get and apply this patch from the FreeBSD security team, released with the disclosure.
    [/edit]

Slackware updates -- Links at bottom of advert for specific distro number
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Probably should have phrased that a little better. There are source code fixes, but since I use the windows client...

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Ah, that explains it. Thanks for the update.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.